JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I expressed my opinon, and I said please.
Does this warrant snarky remarks?
Best,
Gary

22002323.jpg

That doesn't really bother me. Peoples comments generates interest and it's always nice to hear comments on your gun.

What bothers me is someone selling a gun with a outrages price that he/she won't come down on on price and has bumped it every week for 6 months even after no interest has been shown. It's a waste of space and clearly the seller isn't motivated to sell. The mods should lock those threads after a couple months if no interest is shown.

Very nicely said :s0155::s0155:

sure would be nice if there was a button for ad's with pic like cl

That would be a nice filter.

Just read the first post and stop there.
Problem solved.:s0155:

I kinda like the banter in the ads now that it doesn't bump it to the top. Makes it seem like we are all buddies in here.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone BTW!!!

The banter and hilarious lowball offers in the threads are great entertainment.

I restrain myself from making comment on "foe sale" posts because most of the time time when I feel the need to chime in is when the price is too high.
Like trying to sell a case of ammo for $500 when I can buy it from a retailer for $400.
The urgevto comment is strong, but I just figure that no one buying from a them is an even stronger statement.

I too get very annoyed by people trying to sell items over priced. I mentioned it on an over priced ammo ad a few weeks back and got a warning from NWFA admin. trying to help people not over pay for an item is frowned upon around here.

The most annoying thing about forum classifieds is when someone agrees to sell you an item and they sell it before you get a chance to pick it up. Doesn't matter where you go in this world dirtbags are everywhere.

Last Edited:
sure would be nice if there was a button for ad's with pic like cl
Totally agree. Unless it was an extremely rare item or something I just had to have, if I see an ad has no pics, it is dead to me. Pics are what sells me on looking further. And, if you can't take the time or make the effort to post pics somehow, then I don't want to waste my time with you.

Funny thing is that in all my ads that I've posted (I make sure to include a LOT of pics), I usually sell quite quickly (although making sure to have decent pricing helps). I don't always get the pricing right to begin with but it works out quickly, especially if I've included enough pics to substantially show the item.

Totally agree. Unless it was an extremely rare item or something I just had to have, if I see an ad has no pics, it is dead to me. Pics are what sells me on looking further. And, if you can't take the time or make the effort to post pics somehow, then I don't want to waste my time with you.

Funny thing is that in all my ads that I've posted (I make sure to include a LOT of pics), I usually sell quite quickly (although making sure to have decent pricing helps). I don't always get the pricing right to begin with but it works out quickly, especially if I've included enough pics to substantially show the item.

Some people like myself are limited to using their phones for the Internet. I've had an iPhone for a long time now. I might be wrong but I've yet to find a way to post pictures. Not looking at an ad just because it doesn't have a picture makes you just as bad as someone who doesn't post a picture. It's pretty easy to ask for one to be sent via email or text.

Some people like myself are limited to using their phones for the Internet. I've had an iPhone for a long time now. I might be wrong but I've yet to find a way to post pictures.
Not trying to be snotty about it but that's not my problem. We are in the 21st Century. No internet, isn't my problem.
Not looking at an ad just because it doesn't have a picture makes you just as bad as someone who doesn't post a picture. It's pretty easy to ask for one to be sent via email or text.
If I have to text or email for 30 ads per day, it would be more of a pain. So I just ignore them. If someone wants to post that they will send pics upon request, well that's their choice. It is my choice to not bother. And, it doesn't make me as bad as someone who doesn't post pics. It is just the way it is. I choose to not sit there emailing people to see what they are selling. I want to browse and I sometimes find things I see (key word there is SEE) which makes me want to buy.

So, it is what it is. Someone's lack of Internet does not make it my problem. Just being brutally honest.

Some people like myself are limited to using their phones for the Internet. I've had an iPhone for a long time now. I might be wrong but I've yet to find a way to post pictures. Not looking at an ad just because it doesn't have a picture makes you just as bad as someone who doesn't post a picture. It's pretty easy to ask for one to be sent via email or text.

I post ad with pics from my IPhone. It is a little more difficult but not that bad. Get the photobucket app from the app store(it's a freebie) you do have to make an account though. You can upload your pics and vids to PB directly from your phone( no cords needed)and then in the app go to the pic and there will be codes you can copy and paste into and ad. The code you want to copy is the one tha says img in front of it. Hope that helps.
Just like this, if you want to see the what the code looks like just hit the reply with quote button and you should be able to see it. doing this all from my iPad by the way, same as iPhone just bigger.
Concealed-Carry.jpg

I post ad with pics from my IPhone. It is a little more difficult but not that bad. Get the photobucket app from the app store(it's a freebie) you do have to make an account though. You can upload your pics and vids to PB directly from your phone( no cords needed)and then in the app go to the pic and there will be codes you can copy and paste into and ad. The code you want to copy is the one tha says img in front of it. Hope that helps.
Just like this, if you want to see the what the code looks like just hit the reply with quote button and you should be able to see it. doing this all from my iPad by the way, same as iPhone just bigger.
Concealed-Carry.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try

Tapatalk for iPhone/iPad works great for posting with pics. Put in your text. Tap one of the two add pic icons, select your pic, select your hosting option. (Tapatalk will host the pics for you too.) No upload here copy paste the link there. Been there done that. It's free too.

Its also a great app for reading the forums and adding useless banter to sales threads.

Personally I like it when someone adds a supportive favorable comment to my ad. It drives me nuts when people spell 'ad' with two Ds.

Just my .02. I'm not associated with Tapatalk.

Tapatalk for iPhone/iPad works great for posting with pics. Put in your text. Tap one of the two add pic icons, select your pic, select your hosting option. (Tapatalk will host the pics for you too.) No upload here copy paste the link there. Been there done that. It's free too.

Its also a great app for reading the forums and adding useless banter to sales threads.

Personally I like it when someone adds a supportive favorable comment to my ad. It drives me nuts when people spell 'ad' with two Ds.

Just my .02. I'm not associated with Tapatalk.

I second the Tapatalk suggestion. I love it.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2

I expressed my opinon, and I said please.
Does this warrant snarky remarks?
Best,
Gary

So you just wanted to express your opinion and not get any replies?

If you are an FFL dealer and are on your own website "conducting business" I won't be over there commenting. If you are on a discussion forum open to the public and posting a discussion thread I may comment. If you post something in the classifieds and I feel I have information that is worth posting I may comment.

If you want to control the conversation you should probably start your own forum.

What bothers me is someone selling a gun with a outrages price that he/she won't come down on on price and has bumped it every week for 6 months even after no interest has been shown. It's a waste of space and clearly the seller isn't motivated to sell. The mods should lock those threads after a couple months if no interest is shown.
Agreed 100%. It's not limited to guns. Check the other classifieds sections and you'll see a certain few members (I won't name names) who have been bumping the same threads for 6+ months without adjusting their listing. Furthermore they don't have the courtesy to make one listing for multiple items in the same category. I recently sold five different calibers of ammunition in a single thread; I didn't make five separate threads so I could occupy the entire top half of the page.

Dedicated classifieds websites like Armslist and OutdoorsTrader have expiration dates on listings. It might be a good feature to adopt here. Automatically lock classifieds threads after 90 days.

If something hasn't sold in that time period, it might be time to tweak your listing, and locking classifieds after a certain time period will force people to do that. I will also prevent zombie threads from being bumped because someone forgot to lock their thread after an item was sold.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top