Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Classifieds Comments

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by K-22, Nov 21, 2012.

1. K-22

K-22 Vancouver WA Active Member

It would seem that there are a number of people that feel a need to post comments in the classifieds that have no bearing on the sale of the item the original poster has listed. "Nice gun", "Uncle Zeke used to have one of those". I wish I had not sold mine", "really a good deal", "Sell me the gun. I live closer than the guy that just said, "I will buy it".. These comments only make it more difficult to read through the post, take up space. and add nothing of value.

People, if you have a need to blather, please attempt to do it in a manner and location that will not impinge on the business other people are attempting to conduct.

Best,
    Gary

2. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Are you the new mayor?

3. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

That doesn't really bother me. Peoples comments generates interest and it's always nice to hear comments on your gun.

What bothers me is someone selling a gun with a outrages price that he/she won't come down on on price and has bumped it every week for 6 months even after no interest has been shown. It's a waste of space and clearly the seller isn't motivated to sell. The mods should lock those threads after a couple months if no interest is shown.

4. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

Ditto 22Many. I find it interesting when people with an experience with a particular gun chime in. There are a host of other annoyances that trump this one.

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Don't see the point, read the thread.....stop!

6. JVK

JVK West Active Member

I like that people have the ability to comment, unlike some other forums *cough*

I agree with 22many, it's way more annoying to see an overpriced item bumped for weeks vs a thread catching some interest, even if it is fly-by.

7. K-22

K-22 Vancouver WA Active Member

I expressed my opinon, and I said please.
    Does this warrant snarky remarks?
    Best,
    Gary

8. duginsky

duginsky Tualatin Active Member

If this is the worst thing that happens in anyone's day, then its a pretty good day...

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I see it's that time of the week again.

Can we call this sandinvag day?

On other sites the people put "WOW great price!" and crap. But it does generate interest.Reading that other people have liked a gun like yours may put someone over the fence on buying it.
    Don't see a problem.

Hey what were you selling.Give us a link so we can post in your ad thread!:wave:

10. TJdamon

TJdamon Gladstone Member

Or gun ads with no Pictures!!!

11. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I restrain myself from making comment on "foe sale" posts because most of the time time when I feel the need to chime in is when the price is too high.
    Like trying to sell a case of ammo for $500 when I can buy it from a retailer for $400.
    The urgevto comment is strong, but I just figure that no one buying from a them is an even stronger statement.

12. mjbskwim

Yes

4NONISSUE and (deleted member) like this.
  13. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I enjoy reading through the for sale ads with lively comments. I especially enjoy the super high priced ads and then someone posts a link to one brand new for $200.00 cheaper and asks "is it just like this one?" Then the OP gets all upset and cries about thread crapping. I also enjoy it when someone makes an offer right in the thread and gets treated like he just sold top secret information to Iranians.

Overall I think allowing comments in the classified a more enjoyable experience, at least for me as a spectator.

Asavage270 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

OscarGamble.jpg

15. 4NONISSUE

4NONISSUE south sound Member

Sometimes a comment is well deserved and do Mayor!

16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ok this one does twist my panties! Certainly the sellers right not to post a photo just as its my right to blow on by without reading. And I do.

17. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

There are rules on commenting in the classifieds. They should be followed.
    Not that long ago it got to be a real problem and there was a temporary change that required all comments to be via PM. I'd rather not see that back again but if the buddy bumping gets out of hand again I'm afraid it might come back.
    Be respectful of everyone using the classifieds and use the PM when appropriate.
    Also bumping as 'SOLD' or some other thing like that is pretty a$$hat.

18. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Meh, I've got bigger things to worry about in life then comments and pictures. If I don't like the thread, I don't read it. Life goes on, the sun rises in the morning and all is right with the world.

Boomerang and (deleted member) like this.
  19. mjbskwim

Must be sergeant at arms

20. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

It sure does. After all the is the internet. Respect is optional.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.