JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It would seem that there are a number of people that feel a need to post comments in the classifieds that have no bearing on the sale of the item the original poster has listed. "Nice gun", "Uncle Zeke used to have one of those". I wish I had not sold mine", "really a good deal", "Sell me the gun. I live closer than the guy that just said, "I will buy it".. These comments only make it more difficult to read through the post, take up space. and add nothing of value.

People, if you have a need to blather, please attempt to do it in a manner and location that will not impinge on the business other people are attempting to conduct.

Best,
Gary

That doesn't really bother me. Peoples comments generates interest and it's always nice to hear comments on your gun.

What bothers me is someone selling a gun with a outrages price that he/she won't come down on on price and has bumped it every week for 6 months even after no interest has been shown. It's a waste of space and clearly the seller isn't motivated to sell. The mods should lock those threads after a couple months if no interest is shown.

I like that people have the ability to comment, unlike some other forums *cough*

I agree with 22many, it's way more annoying to see an overpriced item bumped for weeks vs a thread catching some interest, even if it is fly-by.

I see it's that time of the week again.

Can we call this sandinvag day?

On other sites the people put "WOW great price!" and crap. But it does generate interest.Reading that other people have liked a gun like yours may put someone over the fence on buying it.
Don't see a problem.

Hey what were you selling.Give us a link so we can post in your ad thread!:s0162:

I restrain myself from making comment on "foe sale" posts because most of the time time when I feel the need to chime in is when the price is too high.
Like trying to sell a case of ammo for $500 when I can buy it from a retailer for $400.
The urgevto comment is strong, but I just figure that no one buying from a them is an even stronger statement.

I enjoy reading through the for sale ads with lively comments. I especially enjoy the super high priced ads and then someone posts a link to one brand new for $200.00 cheaper and asks "is it just like this one?" Then the OP gets all upset and cries about thread crapping. I also enjoy it when someone makes an offer right in the thread and gets treated like he just sold top secret information to Iranians.

Overall I think allowing comments in the classified a more enjoyable experience, at least for me as a spectator.

OscarGamble.jpg

There are rules on commenting in the classifieds. They should be followed.
Not that long ago it got to be a real problem and there was a temporary change that required all comments to be via PM. I'd rather not see that back again but if the buddy bumping gets out of hand again I'm afraid it might come back.
Be respectful of everyone using the classifieds and use the PM when appropriate.
Also bumping as 'SOLD' or some other thing like that is pretty a$$hat.

There are rules on commenting in the classifieds. They should be followed.
Not that long ago it got to be a real problem and there was a temporary change that required all comments to be via PM. I'd rather not see that back again but if the buddy bumping gets out of hand again I'm afraid it might come back.
Be respectful of everyone using the classifieds and use the PM when appropriate.
Also bumping as 'SOLD' or some other thing like that is pretty a$$hat.

Must be sergeant at arms

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top