JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The other day, just to the south of my house on Allworth Road, there was gunfire. It started out as sporadic, then it went to frenzied semi-auto fire. Clark Rifles is a six mile drive from my place, so I know it wasn't them. I wonder what this individual was using as a proper backstop for their shooting. There are a lot of houses out here that can't be seen for the trees. I am sure there are folks in the vicinity of Clark Rifles that take advantage of their rural digs to rip off a few rounds every now and again.

"Protected from direct line of fire"

Good luck with a civil suit! I would imagine that to win a suit the Sperling's would have to have a doctors report stating that, with out a doubt, the "wound" in the head was caused buy a bullet hitting at an angle to the skull and passing under the skin before exiting.

"Protected from direct line of fire"

Good luck with a civil suit! I would imagine that to win a suit the Sperling's would have to have a doctors report stating that, with out a doubt, the "wound" in the head was caused buy a bullet hitting at an angle to the skull and passing under the skin before exiting.

....and they'd have to show, 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that the round came from CCR. If they could do that, we'd have heard more by now. This is all just noise.....

"The range is pointed directly at the Sperlings property" would imply that the Sperlings were there first, and the club built the range to put them in a direct line of fire. It should read "The Sperlings purchased the property knowing full well there was an existing gun range adjoining them." But then, that would be putting the responsibility exactly where it should be put. That is deemed offensive behavior these days. Don't want to offend a victim, do we??

"The range is pointed directly at the Sperlings property" would imply that the Sperlings were there first, and the club built the range to put them in a direct line of fire. It should read "The Sperlings purchased the property knowing full well there was an existing gun range adjoining them." But then, that would be putting the responsibility exactly where it should be put. That is deemed offensive behavior these days. Don't want to offend a victim, do we??

Please don't use logic, use "common sense".

The other day, just to the south of my house on Allworth Road, there was gunfire. It started out as sporadic, then it went to frenzied semi-auto fire. Clark Rifles is a six mile drive from my place, so I know it wasn't them. I wonder what this individual was using as a proper backstop for their shooting. There are a lot of houses out here that can't be seen for the trees. I am sure there are folks in the vicinity of Clark Rifles that take advantage of their rural digs to rip off a few rounds every now and again.

Heh, Well, I'm some 4 minutes from Allworth Rd and do make some noise on my place often enough. But I think I'd be SE of you instead of due south and have an excellent solid backstop in the form of a hillside cliff that I'm sure would force the Sperling's aproval. Besides, I never descend into frenzied fire. :)

I've been hearing someone close by firing what I'd guess to be a .45 pistol. Almost always seven well timed shots.
I make the Clark range to be some two miles as the crow or bullet flies, but it's 7 or 11 depending which way you go on a drive. The back way is shorter.

Wait! You don't suppose the gunfire lately could be people trying their hand at indirect artillery fire?? o_O

I wonder how many of you have sent this reporter an email explaining some things like"no shooters were there at the time of the incident", or "it is impossible for a bullet to clear the berm and drop to hit around her house", or..........................

I appreciate your effort! I live in Salem.. But I shoulder have replied to some of these accusations. I'll do better next time:(:D
I still think it an owl or something... But the rake thing is peeking my interest..
The range definitely needs to recruit one of its members as a mouthpiece for the me media.

I won't post needlessly, but I will say that I've been up to Clark twice now in the last three weeks and everything is fine. It's a bit of a pain now that we have to 'qualify' every rifle we bring by shooting it on the upper range to prove that we're on paper at 20 yards. I brought a Garand and fired some handloads I had worked up for it. Shot on the long range, but only at 100 yards. The 200/300 backstops are not in operation right now.

The handloads are 44.5g of IMR 4064 with 168g Match King HPBT's. They were hitting pretty low and loose so I'm gonna boost up the charge by another 0.5g and see if that tightens things up. I'm using HXP brass from the Greek M2 ball that I had fired years ago.

-Thirtycal

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads