JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't remember his name right now, but one of the few self-defense guys on youtube that actually knows anything asserted in a video that I recently watched that most mass-shooters like this commit suicide at the first hint of armed resistance from either a citizen or police. I thought this was an odd statement at the time, then it proved out within a week of the time I saw heard it.

Anyway, thank you Nick. Your choice to be armed may have saved many other lives.

An excellent job Nick! You prepared to do battle to protect your friend and her child which is heroic and then showed calmness and decision making skills that, I think, exceed the norm for your years. My hat's off to you, thank you!

most mass-shooters like this commit suicide at the first hint of armed resistance from either a citizen or police.

That is one of two points in favor of eliminating un-armed victim zones!

The other would the as yet not written after the fact analysis of: "The Sad Tale Of Two Mass Shootings" subtitle Clackamas Town Center & Sandy Hook Elementary School.

I know John Lott has had some numbers that he updates from time to time pointing out what Beefcake referrs to. Here is a link to a Newsmax interview that pretty well backs up the above points:

Gun Expert Lott: Let Teachers Carry Arms, Ban Gun-Free Zones to Halt Mass Shootings

When you ban guns, rather than making it safer for the victims, you unintentionally make it safer for the criminals, because they have less to worry about. If you had a violent criminal stalking you or your family, and was really seriously threatening you, would you feel safer putting a sign up in front of your home stating, “This home is a gun-free zone.”

What I found quite telling were Mr. Lotts references to mass shootings in Europe.

-s

The other would the as yet not written after the fact analysis of: "The Sad Tale Of Two Mass Shootings" subtitle Clackamas Town Center & Sandy Hook Elementary School.

I know John Lott has had some numbers that he updates from time to time pointing out what Beefcake referrs to. Here is a link to a Newsmax interview that pretty well backs up the above points:

Gun Expert Lott: Let Teachers Carry Arms, Ban Gun-Free Zones to Halt Mass Shootings

What I found quite telling were Mr. Lotts references to mass shootings in Europe.

-s

more like victim rich zones

-s

More expert input..
<broken link removed>

Nick, I applaud you for attempting taking action and not just running away. Not everyone with a CPL would have done same as you.

James is a little opinionated and I don't always agree with the way he presents his ideas but he brings up a lot of good points.

[...He deserves a strong showing of community support and a heartfelt thanks.[/QUOTE]

He also deserves some credit and support from the media and politicians for at least trying to do something about a lunatic. But I think I'll decline to hold my breath waiting for them to acknowledge a good guy doing good...

I told my wife at the time that there had to be a reason he only shot two people. The CCW guy didn't shoot him, but he did stop him.

Another thing I thought of. If he would have fired and injured that innocent bystander in the background there would have be so many anti-cc people on this like flies on you know what. It gets hardly any press in this situation, but if it would have went wrong it would have been detrimental to gun ownership. I applaud again the choice that Nick made.

NICK< THANK YOU!! you are indeed a hero, and a honest Patriot!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

My question is, did this make the national Television news? If so, why not??

As usual, the sensationalist media is reporting on the scary assault rifle being used, and not the hero CCW holder who likely saved countless lives. It played to our fears when the blacked out AR15 is shown on TV, when in fact the true issues here are our lack of affordable mental health care. The guns are a red herring here.
Sorry, my republican friends, but Reagan deregulated the mental health institutions. While this couldn't be a foreseen result, it is a fact that accessible health care is in direct correlation with the increase in these incidences.
Our current gun control policies work. The school shooter in CT also tried to buy a gun at Dicks Sporting Goods, and was unsuccessful. He then stole them from his mother.
Anyone wishing to use a gun for criminal purposes will find the means to do so. If they can't get a gun, then it may be a bomb, or poison, or any number of other ways to cause mass casualties. Don't restrict the rights of lawful citizens who wish to use their firearm of choice for lawful purposes, including home defense and hunting. "You can't hunt with an AK47" they'll say...OK, I'll give you that. But it, along with the AR, are some of the most reliable systems around. When you need a rifle to fire sequential shots on target (say for bears, coyotes, crazy tweakers in your home, etc) a bolt action won't always be the quick response weapon you need. The best defense is a good offense, and that's why I choose to have a scary, evil "assault weapon" in my home. I can grab it, line up the target, and pull the trigger. If I miss, I potentially have time to fire another round before my assailant.
On that note, would these killers not have been able to accomplish their motives with a 12ga pump shotgun? I would bet that he could have done even more damage then. So, really, this label that certain firearms are given is unfair.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top