JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can someone who is familiar with clack county help me out, I searched the Clackamas county parks rules and found nothing, My wife has a ball game at hood view park tonight and I'm wondering what restriction's if any they have with open carry/ccw. Im not from the area and just am wondering.

Clack county resident for 20+ years: (aside from a few years spent at various Army bases worldwide.)

If you have CHL, it is the same as everywhere else. Don't worry about it.

If you don't, the only county-wide restriction on open carry in parks is that it can not be loaded. Municipalities may have different rules. I spoke to a county sheriff for five minutes or more while open carrying in a Canby park in January. He respected what I was doing and agreed with it, that was his main reason for stopping. He never asked for ID, CHL, or whether it was loaded.

http://www.clackamas.us/code/documents/title6.pdf said:
6.06.06.02 No person shall discharge in any park area any firearm, pellet gun, bow and arrow, slingshot, paintball gun, or other weapon capable of injuring any person, bird, or animal.[Codified by Ord. 05-2000, 7/13/00]

6.06.06.03 No person, shall possess in any park area any: loaded firearm, loaded pellet gun; paintball gun; bow and arrow; slingshot; other weapon capable of injuring any person, bird or animal; provided however that the prohibition of loaded firearms does not apply to or affect (A) a law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty, (B) a member of the military in the performance of official duty, (C) a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun, or (D) a person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in a public building under ORS 166.370.[Codified by Ord. 05-2000, 7/13/00; Amended by Ord. 06-2007, 6/28/07]

Last Edited:
I think the only public land you might have to worry about is federal land because all state and local land is covered by the state's preemption law. If you have a CHL you can ignore all local laws about carrying. Federal land isn't covered by preemption, though I think most of it doesn't restrict carry anyway.

I think the only public land you might have to worry about is federal land because all state and local land is covered by the state's preemption law. If you have a CHL you can ignore all local laws about carrying. Federal land isn't covered by preemption, though I think most of it doesn't restrict carry anyway.

The only federal land that does not follow state law (by federal law 18 USC 930) is Army Corp of Engineers administered property and military installations. And, forgot the PO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top