Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Clackamas county parks rules

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by SturgeonSlayer, Mar 29, 2013.

1. SturgeonSlayer

SturgeonSlayer St.Helens Active Member

Can someone who is familiar with clack county help me out, I searched the Clackamas county parks rules and found nothing, My wife has a ball game at hood view park tonight and I'm wondering what restriction's if any they have with open carry/ccw. Im not from the area and just am wondering.

2. Bob D

Bob D Oregon, Cascades Well-Known Member

Clack county resident for 20+ years: (aside from a few years spent at various Army bases worldwide.)

If you have CHL, it is the same as everywhere else. Don't worry about it.

If you don't, the only county-wide restriction on open carry in parks is that it can not be loaded. Municipalities may have different rules. I spoke to a county sheriff for five minutes or more while open carrying in a Canby park in January. He respected what I was doing and agreed with it, that was his main reason for stopping. He never asked for ID, CHL, or whether it was loaded.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I think the only public land you might have to worry about is federal land because all state and local land is covered by the state's preemption law. If you have a CHL you can ignore all local laws about carrying. Federal land isn't covered by preemption, though I think most of it doesn't restrict carry anyway.

4. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

5. SturgeonSlayer

SturgeonSlayer St.Helens Active Member

thanks for the info, that is about what I figured. doesn't hurt to ask those who live in the area though.

6. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

7. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

The only federal land that does not follow state law (by federal law 18 USC 930) is Army Corp of Engineers administered property and military installations. And, forgot the PO