JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dunno if this is kosher as I'm new to this forum, but here goes anyway.

As some of you know, my mom passed away this past Sunday, 8/15.

A few days earlier, I had started making a deal for an advertised Colt Diamondback here with CJ1089. He enlisted a buddy of his with an FFL to help make things come together.

I cannot express how grateful I am for the conduct of these gents — which speaks well of the caliber of folks around this forum — as they exercised patience and no small amount of understanding during a rather awkward period for me.

Well, the gun arrived in good shape, I lubed things up (the crane, in particular) with a few drops of Tetra, cleaned it out, touched up two very small wear spots with some cold blue and steel wool, and headed to the range.

Diamondbacks are delightful and this one is no disappointment!

After about 15 rounds, I had the sights properly adjusted for my loads and as punching X-rings.

I've waited 30 years for a good Diamondback..and have turned my back on some ridiculous deals (two weeks ago at a Puyallup gun show, I had some character try to sell me a rather beat-up looking 4-inch Diamondback for an outrageous price. As I walked away, he offered to drop the price but I'd had a good look at this gun and it was worth about a third of what he wanted, it was in such horrid condition.

CJ's revolver is a gem, and it will spend much time with me on the range.

This weekend, I'll punch out a good carry holster (D&D GUNLEATHER is my part-time company, so I'm certain the owner will make me a good deal :D ), and I'll be packing this sometime in the fall for popping rabbits in the noggin with any luck, soon as I work up a really good load using a lead bullet.

Anyway, I have many things with which to deal at the moment, but the session at the range this afternoon was very good therapy.

:s0155:

Here's the Diamondback sitting in a newly-built holster from D&D GUNLEATHER.

100_3679_1.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads