JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
FYI, not looking to rain on your listing, maybe it's a casual use of terms, but the CETME is designed for 7.62x51mm NATO, 150 gr. ammo.

Winchester 308 is over pressured vs NATO in this caliber and could be a problem. I have one and make a point never to shoot 308 out of it.

FYI, not looking to rain on your listing, maybe it's a casual use of terms, but the CETME is designed for 7.62x51mm NATO, 150 gr. ammo.

Winchester 308 is over pressured vs NATO in this caliber and could be a problem. I have one and make a point never to shoot 308 out of it.
Interesting. All the vids I watched they were shooting win308. Can you link any more info specific for the CETME? Thanks.

Interesting. All the vids I watched they were shooting win308. Can you link any more info specific for the CETME? Thanks.

Roller-lock delayed blowback system with fluted chambers are hard on brass to begin with.
7.62 nato round is what these were designed for and it is loaded to a lower pressure than commercial 308 win. ammo. Just the opposite of 5.56 nato versus commercial 223 ammo.

Maybe it's more a concern about damaged brass than pressure. Most don't recommend commercial 308 Win in this design, regardless of brand. CETME rifle - Wikipedia

Opinions and experiences may vary. Personally I shoot my 308 in non-fluted rifles.

Roller-lock delayed blowback system with fluted chambers are hard on brass to begin with.
7.62 nato round is what these were designed for and it is loaded to a lower pressure than commercial 308 win. ammo. Just the opposite of 5.56 nato versus commercial 223 ammo.

Maybe it's more a concern about damaged brass than pressure. Most don't recommend commercial 308 Win in this design, regardless of brand. CETME rifle - Wikipedia

Opinions and experiences may vary. Personally I shoot my 308 in non-fluted rifles.
I'd like to add on to your comment that I have recently learned these are known to eat brass. Doesn't matter if you're not reloading, but if that's something that you're worried about it's something to keep in mind.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.