JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all know that the Taurus/Rossi Judge line can shoot 45 colt and 410 shot shell. I was reading up on my Circuit Judge and although It can chamber a colt +p and 454 casull the manual does not recommend using these. The raging judge is the go to for those. I have some +P because sometimes ( a lot of the time ) there isn't much available in 45 colt so the +P gets the buy. I don't mind the extra kick and its currently the only gun I have that can chamber the larger +P cartridge. I would swap my cylinder to a raging Judge if I had one. So I'm looking for incite or ideas on how to deal with the higher pressure rounds if it even has an effect. I do not have any 454 Casull so not worried about that.

We all know that the Taurus/Rossi Judge line can shoot 45 colt and 410 shot shell. I was reading up on my Circuit Judge and although It can chamber a colt +p and 454 casull the manual does not recommend using these. The raging judge is the go to for those. I have some +P because sometimes ( a lot of the time ) there isn't much available in 45 colt so the +P gets the buy. I don't mind the extra kick and its currently the only gun I have that can chamber the larger +P cartridge. I would swap my cylinder to a raging Judge if I had one. So I'm looking for incite or ideas on how to deal with the higher pressure rounds if it even has an effect. I do not have any 454 Casull so not worried about that.
I have a Circuit Judge and honestly haven't shot it a lot. The .45 Colt loads I've fired through it were handloads that I shot in a Ruger Blackhawk and a S&W Governor without any issues. (Both of those revolvers have moved on to new owners.) I have had some issues with those loads sticking in the cylinder on the Circuit Judge. I don't believe they are particularly hot loads, so I'm not sure why they stick. Sometimes they don't stick, sometimes they do. I'm pretty good about keeping my guns clean and as I said, the Circuit Judge hasn't been shot much, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why the cases stick. A couple of them I had to brace the cylinder on the gun bench and beat them out with a wooden dowel. I would be extremely hesitant to shoot even a .45 Colt +P cartridge.

I haven't shot any shot shells with it.

If the manual does not say to use them, I would not use them. It may not be designed for anything beyond standard pressure. You could also call/email and get it in writing that it CAN handle +p safely.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top