JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure some of you guys have seen them. They sell them in some gun mags. The CHP holder badge. What do you guys think? It said they are legal but don't you think the cops would frown on it? I have mixed feelings about it.

Please, not offense on my answers, I actually gave this some thought!

My question is why would I need one?

Surely not to show Law Enforcement?
To show the 'bad-guys' when I'm forced to utilize my weapon?
Not to show the crowd after being forced to roll the trigger? (actually this might be a reason :) slow them down from condemning me so quickly?.... (probably not!
To show my friends that I carry 24/7? (almost NO one knows I carry, and I like it that way personally!)

IF I were "Dog"........ then maybe?

JMHO

Please, not offense on my answers, I actually gave this some thought!

My question is why would I need one?

Surely not to show Law Enforcement?
To show the 'bad-guys' when I'm forced to utilize my weapon?
Not to show the crowd after being forced to roll the trigger? (actually this might be a reason :) slow them down from condemning me so quickly?.... (probably not!
To show my friends that I carry 24/7? (almost NO one knows I carry, and I like it that way personally!)

IF I were "Dog"........ then maybe?

JMHO

What does Dog's badge say:

Paroled felon, convicted murderer, Officer?

The reason I was kinda leaning in favor of it was because in anybody "accidently" saw you weapon, and you had a badge right next to it they might not freak out as much. I think a lot of people associate badges and guns together and are more ok with it. Then again, I think I would fit in with those guys in the pictures when somebody actually realized you were not LE or anything.

I liked that show too.....

CHIPS_Color_Two.jpg

Sure, it's legal for anybody to own a badge. What's NOT legal is to flash one in public! That's considered "impersonating an officer" and is taken very seriously by the law.

I used to wear a badge on my uniform daily. I was an "official" bus driver! I found it useful to direct traffic around accidents/incidents---people were less inclined to run me over wearing a badge.

If a badge was proper for CCL licenses, the County Sherrif would have sold you one to go with your card........................elsullo :;)

Is it Impersonating if it dosnt say Police or anything like that and you don't claim to be? Security at the mall wears them, almost all security does. Is that illegal? It must not be. If you try to arrest somebody with it or enforce anything I'm sure that would be crossing the line. Just having it on your belt next to your gun wouldn't be IMO.

If the person you are dealing with says to the LEO, "I thought he was a cop", you are cooked.

Even if you are not trying to impersonate an officer, flashing a badge could be considered impersonation based on what a "reasonable" person would think. It doesn't matter what the badge says, it is what the person thinks...

But then you could feel like a Detectiive or FBI agent! I was not going to buy one of these. I just was trying to figure out a reson somebody would.

But then you could feel like a Detectiive or FBI agent! I was not going to buy one of these. I just was trying to figure out a reson somebody would.

M.Link I just want to make clear that the DOOFUS comment wasn't directed at you. :eek: I looked at that after I wrote it and thought "I hope he doesn't think I'm talking about him.".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top