JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think a lot of people associate badges and guns together and are more ok with it.
Because they assume gun + badge next to it = LEO - NOW consider this - the same people who "accidently" see your gun + badge approach you thinking you are LEO with a complaint about something, questions or want to report something - that could be awkward.

The guys who buy those badges
are the same guys that buy used police cars and put "FBI" on their license plates.
Then cruise around while listening to police scanners.

I think the last thing I want to show a LEO if I every have to use my CCW is a badge I bought on the internet. He worked hard to get his badge and I got mine for $19.95 and since I ordered right away I got the leather like wallet free of charge, seperate shipping & handling applies". NOTHING good can come from owning/carring a badge not earned.

IMHO the ONLY people who would buy something like this is trying to pretend they are a LEO and those people shouldn't have any firearm. They can buy airsoft/toy guns to go with there toy badge.

The first thing that comes to mind is someone accusing you of impersonating a police officer. We have enough trouble keeping a low profile and someone suggests that we purchase a badge that means zero????

Don't get me wrong, I understand your overall thought process but....me thinks this has no upside!

I think not!

Sorry!

T_H

:s0054:

Well I have thought about this to... And it is NOT impersonating a cop if you have a badge on you.. As long as the badge does not say anything affiliated to law enforcement its ok. But like others have said you cant use it as a show of force. Someone here said it may be a good way to OC with out getting hassled but I do see more cons to it then Pros.. I have actually thought and it was ONLY A THOUGHT about getting one of these carrying it and seeing how people would react to OC with me wearing it.. compared to me not.. But i doubt i'll ever waist the time.

Unfortunately, that is incorrect.

The charge of impersonating a police officer depends a lot on what the people you interact with are thinking. In other words, if what you are wearing or doing would make a reasonable person believe that you are a cop, then you might get yourself into trouble.

If I were to respond to the scene of a shooting and found the shooter wearing a badge, it would REALLY be a good thing if it said "POLICE" on it.

Wearing ANY kind of badge--unless you are wearing one issued by your place of employment--can net a charge of criminal impersonation.

Carry your firearm legally. Remember that concealed means CONCEALED. And, leave the badges at home.

Unfortunately, that is incorrect.

The charge of impersonating a police officer depends a lot on what the people you interact with are thinking. In other words, if what you are wearing or doing would make a reasonable person believe that you are a cop, then you might get yourself into trouble.

If I were to respond to the scene of a shooting and found the shooter wearing a badge, it would REALLY be a good thing if it said "POLICE" on it.

Wearing ANY kind of badge--unless you are wearing one issued by your place of employment--can net a charge of criminal impersonation.

Carry your firearm legally. Remember that concealed means CONCEALED. And, leave the badges at home.

Excellent post Powderman - and welcome to the group! Twenty, or even fifteen years ago badge collecting (police, fire, military, etc) was an acceptable hobby and generally considered a benign activity. Few people were overly concerned with badges as long as they mostly stayed in collections or were props in play, movies, or other entertainment productions. Lots of people bought and sold them at weekend shows of all kinds, and there were a number of collector groups with newsletters and web sites in the mid-1990s. I had a retired Federal Agent working for me at the time who regularly attended "conventions" of mostly retired LEO's where they traded badges and patches, among other activities. September 11th changed that for good. Badges are no longer considered a fun diversion or hobby, and new laws have been enacted on the federal, state, and local levels concerning them. They have "left the mainstream" as far as collectors go and the clubs, newsletters, and websites are gone for the most part. I agree with you that wearing one of any kind is not a prudent idea for civilians.

Seems like that would open you up to a "impersonating a police officer" charge. No thanks, I have a permit and that's all I want or need. If I have to pull a badge, the person I show will be already lying on the ground breeding....

Here are the official badges:

washington_concealed_firearm_permit.jpg

oregon.jpg

utah.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews