JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SO how do you feel about gays who open carry? And are pro-gun? Are they equal to you?

For me, it has nothing to do with the lifestyle choices. It's that in public, everyone deserves to exercise their right no matter what that right is. A gay/straight/black/white/PURPLE person can act any way they want in public.
Why can't a gun owner exercise their right in the same way? I don't approach someone and tell them their beliefs are wrong because I don't agree with it. I'd expect the same respect, but I'd never get it OC.

When you play poker do you play with your cards face up while the rest of the table doesn't? thats Open Carry

when you OC you instantly tell a bad guy or guys...

who the main threat in the room is and who to shoot/attack first...your dying first in the bank or the 7-11 hold up. your not gonna get a "put your hands up" chance.

you tell him and everyone around....

your strong hand

your dominate eye

how much you practice

the quality of your gear..if its crap or not..

what caliber your shooting, what gun your shooting

if you have 5, 6, 7 or 17 shots

if you have a reload or how many

if you carry the gun regularly or just once in a while

the bad guy(s) doesn't have to "get your gun" he just has to keep you from getting to it, disable you and then take it..you just made his job easier by telling him where it is...and he has all the time in the world to make a plan because you have no idea who the bad guy(s) is...

Why anyone would intentionaly put themslves at such a disadvantage is beyond me

Never will those reasons keep me from open carrying, but misinformed, overly aggressive police will.

Don't regularly open carry in Beaverton if you're a young [20s], clean cut male. The police will come, and the police will not be friendly. Take my advice, it will save you a lot of face to face attitude from everybody. Doesn't mean I don't do it, though.

Yet, if you're older, I have gathered that you will run into much less trouble.

Just a warning, but I'm never going to stop somebody from OCing legally. Stopping OC would be wrong, and definitely a step in the wrong direction.

As long as you promote a positive, professional image, I encourage you and compliment your dedication. By saying, "I don't care, it's legal, screw what you think!" That will have a strong negative effect on the issue in the public's eye, and in our view as well.

Well Damn... I didn't think a Post about OCing would turn into a debate about homosexuality.. But since your on the topic let me just say this... I personally have only Met a few people off here (3 to be exact) To do deals... But there are 100's more on this site i haven't.. And I dunno if they are black white Gay Bi Chinese or whatever.. Soo Im not gonna Make raciest remarks about them.. How do you know there are no "Homosexuals" on this site.. ? I dont.. Have you been Watching the news.. "Gays" are becoming more and more accepted. It takes a lot of balls to Be gay and actually be open with it. If Anything I admire them for actually standing up for wat they believe in, not many people do.... So maybe somethings are better left unsaid and maybe you should use a better example.

With that said... Im thinking about getting a lil pocket gun.. maybe a lil .32 Just in case something does happen and my gun does happen to get taken from me Some how.. it never hurts to have a back up plan.

It takes a lot of balls to Be gay and actually be open with it.

Ummm..... yeah, that paints a pretty picture!! :s0155: (sorry, I couldn't let it slip "Bi" :p)

Getting back to the OP's subject: I have OC'd and IMHO there is a time place for it... like hunting, fishing, hiking, etc. On the other hand, MOST people will assume you are an LEO if you are "clean-cut", mature looking/acting while you OC. Mentioning that SF bicycle-cop and his Glock being within easy reach brings back some memories from the 80's... IMHO one of the MAJOR draw-backs of the Glock "trigger-safety system" is ANYONE can grab the thing and just pull the trigger and BANG, BANG, BANG... away, just like a revolver.

At least when you have an additional thumb safety lever and you TRAIN your reflexes to disengage the saftely while drawing it, it takes ZERO amount of more time than drawing a Glock. A LOT of the times the BG will not be able to pull the trigger (with a thumb safety) before you are on top on him/her wrastling it back, or sticking your BU knife in their rib-cage.

Don't get me wrong, Glocks are the SHIZ, but I remember when Glocks first came out while I was in the Army and that being the FIRST thing that came to my mind about the trigger-safety "system". That was a MAJOR reason I chose a Taurus PT145Pro to replace my Berretta 92F. It has the DA "trigger-safety", AND the (optional to use) thumb safety... I've just had to re-train to flick the thumb-safety down instead of up... not a huge leap for me.

Just my tew centavos.

When you play poker do you play with your cards face up while the rest of the table doesn't? thats Open Carry

when you OC you instantly tell a bad guy or guys...

who the main threat in the room is and who to shoot/attack first...your dying first in the bank or the 7-11 hold up. your not gonna get a "put your hands up" chance.

you tell him and everyone around....

your strong hand

your dominate eye

how much you practice

the quality of your gear..if its crap or not..

what caliber your shooting, what gun your shooting

if you have 5, 6, 7 or 17 shots

if you have a reload or how many

if you carry the gun regularly or just once in a while

the bad guy(s) doesn't have to "get your gun" he just has to keep you from getting to it, disable you and then take it..you just made his job easier by telling him where it is...and he has all the time in the world to make a plan because you have no idea who the bad guy(s) is...

Why anyone would intentionaly put themslves at such a disadvantage is beyond me

OK! You make GOOD points. I have never had the CC advantage explained in that way before:s0155: I must say that after reading your post, and thinking it over, I now DO see a TA to CC over OC. Not in every situation, but I think perhaps more real world situations that private citizens would find them selves in.
I am still not opposed to OC, but I no longer see it as the 100% advantage that I once did.
Thank you for sharing a well expressed view point:)

The way I see it is.. Wat If a plain Clothed officer were in the bank, 7-11 or whatever he'd be at the same disadvantage as an OCer. Most Criminals are not gonna commit a crime if they know an LEO or Someone that looks like one is around.. Tho yes there will be those ones that do.. But when a criminal commits a crime usually he just walks into the store and proceeds rob the place or whatever, he doesn't case the joint and check his surroundings and then decides to himself who hes gonna shoot and kill first. Personally when I'm in a store OCing or CC I'm always watching my surrounding, not like a paranoid freak but enough to know whats going on around me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top