JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was Just Going through some posts to past some time and I came across the one Joey Started about a NWFA Dinner Meet, and some people were expressing there concerns about OCing... Now Personally when I first heard of it i was thinking well crap if someone saw me OCing they may call the cops or think im Crazy.. Soo I would OC into a quicky part or maybe a fast food joint here n there. just to test out peoples reaction and 90% of the time no one noticed. The ones that did were usually Teenagers who just had to stare and make it known to all there friends that some guy was carrying a gun. Iv Only Got asked to remove my sidearm once and that was at a Subway, an the guy that asked me to remove it was very cocky and rude about it (sad for him He didn't realize my fiance is very good friends with his manager and sadly he happened to just loose his job:s0155:) I did OC in both Bimart's in Corvallis and tacobell this weekend with no problems, two boys did give us the stare down though. I also think that even tho OC is my legal right I personally Think its Better to CC in some places.. just my two cents.

First find out the laws that govern your state and specific location.

For me I support whichever you so choose if it's legal in your area. I have been a CPL (concealed pistol license) holder for almost 2 decades.

Washington is an open carry state - you can check out the FAQ on opencarry.org for all the states.

Whichever you do - you just have to be aware of the pro's and con's of each as it's a two sided blade.

One can argue that open carry deters crime but another can argue you lost the surprise element and also the BG knows you are carrying. You can support or not on either method. Whichever you decide is up to you and your circumstance and comfort level.

I got involved with opencarry.org for a little while and even sponsored an open carry picnic at a park in my neighborhood in Hillsboro last year. That being said, I am still not comfortable with open carry on a personal level. From a purely tactical standpoint I tend to side with those who think open carrying tips your hand and gives a potential BG an advantage, but I can see the other side of the arguement as well.

I do support people who choose to open carry legally even if primarily to make a statement. Just not my cup of tea.

well my view on it make sure someone can't grab it and use it against you .

saw a guy on crutches open carrying at Winco if i was a nut bag i could have took it from him it was on a clip on holster hey why not give the guy who is robbing you a gun to rob you with:huh: can we say dumbass?

also noted this a few years ago before 911 in the SF airport . A cop (who looked like a poster cop the village people) on a mountain bike hands on the bars had stopped to get through crowd i was in arms reach of a fully exposed glock (that almost sounds ghey) in easy reach talk about a lack of security :huh:

But would that be an issue if they had been using a decent holster?

well in both cases their hands were not free to draw with the cop just unsnap and pull

with the guy on crutches his would have been easy just grab it and knock him down even with a belt on holster just snap and pull and kick him down

It's a lot harder to get a gun out of someone else's holster than people give credit.

We've put training hours into it! :D

with some holsters yes

i have the same clip holster that the crutch guy has its not that hard

and the cop was bent over ( again sounds ghey but it was in SF ) on the bike trying to balance his way through a crowd

Don't get me wrong I'm all for OC just use caution

Yes, a simple clip on seems not difficult for even a 10 year to grab.

Yes, there are holsters out there that are designed to be very difficult to unholster unless the person knows how to engage the release buttons/feature. Push in, do a flip, engage release with two fingers and pull backwards and then to the side and then you can un-holster. :)

Also, not every BG may know how to handle your firearm. Heck, not many LEO's would be familiar enough to safetly handle a 1911 in condition one. But again some BG just get lucky.

So the argument continues.....

There are steps to be safer if you choose to opencarry. A good retention holster is one of them but you do have to practice unholstering.

I was Just Going through some posts to past some time and I came across the one Joey Started about a NWFA Dinner Meet, and some people were expressing there concerns about OCing... Now Personally when I first heard of it i was thinking well crap if someone saw me OCing they may call the cops or think im Crazy.. Soo I would OC into a quicky part or maybe a fast food joint here n there. just to test out peoples reaction and 90% of the time no one noticed. The ones that did were usually Teenagers who just had to stare and make it known to all there friends that some guy was carrying a gun. Iv Only Got asked to remove my sidearm once and that was at a Subway, an the guy that asked me to remove it was very cocky and rude about it (sad for him He didn't realize my fiance is very good friends with his manager and sadly he happened to just loose his job:s0155:) I did OC in both Bimart's in Corvallis and tacobell this weekend with no problems, two boys did give us the stare down though. I also think that even tho OC is my legal right I personally Think its Better to CC in some places.. just my two cents.

So let me get this straight. OR GAY rather. People are going to look at me funny because I'm exercising my second amendment freedoms, so I'm supposed to bow down and HIDE MY GUN because they don't like it.

And yet we have flaming homosexuals making a POINT to touch, kiss and HOLD HANDS in public right in front of KIDS and we are all suppose to CELEBRATE IT! EXCEPT IT! and BE TOLERANT OF IT!

I expect the SAME TOLERANCE FOR MY GUN.

As long as we have perverted Homosexuals holding hands, kissing and touching each other in public in front of our kids and NOT CARE, I'm going to OPEN CARRY!

I was in a Starbucks a while back and the cashier was a GAY MALE.
There was a song playing over the speakers "MY GIRL" and he was singing to it and CHANGING THE WORDS TO MY GUY. "My GUY, MY GUY..."

Now, let's teach them what TOLERANCE IS REALLY ABOUT! :s0155:

So let me get this straight. OR GAY rather. People are going to look at me funny because I'm exercising my second amendment freedoms, so I'm supposed to bow down and HIDE MY GUN because they don't like it.

And yet we have flaming homosexuals making a POINT to touch, kiss and HOLD HANDS in public right in front of KIDS and we are all suppose to CELEBRATE IT! EXCEPT IT! and BE TOLERANT OF IT!

I expect the SAME TOLERANCE FOR MY GUN.

As long as we have perverted Homosexuals holding hands, kissing and touching each other in public in front of our kids and NOT CARE, I'm going to OPEN CARRY!

I was in a Starbucks a while back and the cashier was a GAY MALE.
There was a song playing over the speakers "MY GIRL" and he was singing to it and CHANGING THE WORDS TO MY GUY. "My GUY, MY GUY..."

Now, let's teach them what TOLERANCE IS REALLY ABOUT! :s0155:

I am not gay, but frankly I find this entire post offensive. If you have some objection to homosexuality, good luck with that, but flaunting it around just like the so-called "perverted homosexuals" you describe just makes you a bigot. No different that racism in my opinion. If you really want to make the world a better place for your children, why not try helping them understand everything around them instead of perpetuating the same hatred.

I am not gay, but frankly I find this entire post offensive. If you have some objection to homosexuality, good luck with that, but flaunting it around just like the so-called "perverted homosexuals" you describe just makes you a bigot. No different that racism in my opinion. If you really want to make the world a better place for your children, why not try helping them understand everything around them instead of perpetuating the same hatred.

You just proved my point. I'm called a BIGOT just for mentioning Homosexuals.
What about people who call me a Gun Nut? A RIGHT WING WACKO?
I suppose they are allowed a special kind of double standard???

My entire point was we get called "GUN NUTS" "Gun Maniacs" etc. We are looked down on because we have a gun on our side in public.

How is that any different then some one who is GAY, black, or chooses to wear a pink shirt with a blue tie? Get that point?

If homosexuals can flaunt their life style in public and expect us to "CELEBRATE IT" I will expect the same TOLERANCE from THEM!

Here's MY GUN! LOOK! Now Celebrate it and EXCEPT IT!

Get my point?

The right to own and BEAR ARMS is our FREEDOM. And we are looked down on for exercising our right. (but I'm a bigot for bring up homosexuals in a Internet thread about Guns.)

I won't even go into the whole "GAy" Bigot" Life style, Choice, Private Lives, Tolerance Vs, Acceptance Vs Celebration stuff!!

I have my own beliefs on that but......

I WON'T BACK DOWN because someone calls me a BIGOT, A PRUDE, A RIGHT WING WACKO, or Politically INCORRECT. This world is going down the toilet, but I just lay down and go with it.

How's them apples! Deal with it! :s0155:

My entire point was we get called "GUN NUTS" "Gun Maniacs" etc. We are looked down on because we have a gun on our side in public.

How is that any different then some one who is GAY, black, or chooses to wear a pink shirt with a blue tie? Get that point?

If homosexuals can flaunt their life style in public and expect us to "CELEBRATE IT" I will expect the same TOLERANCE from THEM!

Get my point?

The right to own and BEAR ARMS is our FREEDOM. And we are looked down on for exercising our right. (but I'm a bigot for bring up homosexuals in a Internet thread about Guns.)

I won't even go into the whole "GAy" Bigot" Life style, Choice, Private Lives, Tolerance Vs, Acceptance Vs Celebration stuff!!

I WON'T BACK DOWN because someone calls me a BIGOT, A PRUDE, A RIGHT WING WACKO, or Politically INCORRECT. This world is going down the toilet, but I just lay down and go with it.

SO how do you feel about gays who open carry? And are pro-gun? Are they equal to you?

Get my point?

You're being called a bigot because of the way you generalize about a group of people and the manner in which you characterize them. It's not at all the same thing as making a choice to display a weapon in public which is GENERALLY regarded as a very radical move. You have a choice, they dont...or are you going to verbally bash someone for being black too?

I'm trying to think of a good way to put this and I find myself at a loss because however I word it, it just comes across as hostile so I'm going to forget it and move on...good luck hating everyone different than you.

You're being called a bigot because of the way you generalize about a group of people and the manner in which you characterize them. It's not at all the same thing as making a choice to display a weapon in public. You have a choice, they dont...or are you going to blame someone for being black too?

No, but I'll blame them for wearing pants around their ankles and playing annoying *** songs with the base turned all the way up while siting next to me in traffic. :) (This applies to white guys too.)

I will, and do, tolerate that. As will most people. So they should tolerate my firearm as well.

You're being called a bigot because of the way you generalize about a group of people and the manner in which you characterize them. It's not at all the same thing as making a choice to display a weapon in public. You have a choice, they dont...or are you going to blame someone for being black too?

They may not choose to be gay but they choose how to conduct themselves in a public environment. Same with every sexual orientation/race/whatever else. I have no problem with someone being black or white. But when I see some "thug" walking down the street with pants to his knees and clear gang markings and signs, no matter what the color of his skin is, it really bothers me. But it's his right to dress as he pleases and who is it for me to say otherwise.

CAstleFox said:

Nobody is forcing a gay man to walk around and do whatever "stereotypical" acts he may be doing. He can be gay all he wants, why should I care? But when I see him wearing pink with tight pants on, making out with his boyfriend, that's not top on my list of things to see, but I still won't refuse him service at my store just because he's gay or that's how he's dressing. I don't care if you are gay, the same way I don't care if you are straight. If a straight man was wearing the same things, making out with his girlfriend, it would still bother me just as badly. But in either case, I am respecting their rights to do as they please.
Why should OC gun owners be refused service because they are exercising their rights as well?

No, before anyone says it, I'm not being a bigot or racist jerk. Examples are made to prove my point, not to be offensive or stereotyping toward anyone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top