JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OP:

Welcome to discretionary licensing.

You need to get a lawyer on this. And stop posting ANYTHING on a public forum until told it's OK by your attorney. You won't help yourself and may harm your appeal process with anything you say at this point.

As for the guys claiming a single MISDEMEANOR conviction and some arrests that never resulted in convictions is a good reason to deny a fundamental human right, you might want to re-think your position as I can pretty well guarantee that 90% of the people on this board are felons. -We just got lucky and never caught. with all the BS laws on the books, pretty much ANYONE can be convicted of something. You just need to dig deep enough.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to deny someone their fundamental human right of self-defense is if they are a CONVICTED, VIOLENT criminal. I really don't give a rip if my neighbor lied on a government form, took someone else's prescription antibiotics, held an eagle feather, imported the wrong kind of wood or smoked a substance the nanny-state says is "naughty." None of those things justify taking away someone's rights after their sentence is completed. Heck, most of them shouldn't even be felonies. and the list is endless.

I forget who said it: "Give me the man, I'll find the crime." That's the world we live in. And if you're a minority and live in a minority neighborhood in this country, your chances of arrest for doing NOTHING go up about 1000%. And your chances of being prosecuted for a non-crime felony beef go up a lot as well. That's not a political opinion, it's long-demonstrated fact. -Unless you believe that minorities commit a vastly disproportionate amount of crime.

Then why make the statement? I'm not making any judgement on the OP, just your leap to an unsubstantiated assumption.

I made no assumptions, I made a statement. That statement has been reiterated several times, it is simply this; If the OP is telling the truth then what happened to him is wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong.

If the OP had CONVICTIONS, well even then that's not a blanket cause to deny him his constitutional rights, at least in my OPINION. I have a right in this country to express those opinions, and you have a right to wrongly judge me, but you don't have a right to throw me in jail for my "Statements" nor my opinions. My experience with a few LEO's is that they feel they are judge jury and executioner, and if the OP is telling the truth he may have come across one of those. That's my opinion. There is no law against either of us being wrong or even expressing wrong opinions.

At least not yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads