JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to live in St. Helens, and that newspaper regularly botched facts. I knew the officer that was quoted, as we both had the same employer. I can say for certain that the local DMV in St. Helens had the entrance posted with a no weapons sign, but I cannot comment if every DMV in the state has the same policy. As a CHL holder it is a personal responsibility to ensure where you are carrying is legal, especially in private property or businesses. For instance, most Target stores don't have signage at the entrance but their policy is no guns; a person would be in violation if carrying in that particular establishment, particularly if they used their gun in a self defense situation.
A good guy to ask on this would be Kevin Starrett from Oregon Firearms Federation. He pens a book that EVERY gun owner in Oregon should read if not own.

Also, check out this link on prohibited places:
Signs in Oregon do not carry the force of law. All they can do if you are discovered is ask you to leave. If you don't you can be charged with trespassing.

I too carry where ever I can.
1) My shirt covers the gun and spare mag holder.
2) I'm nice to everybody (An armed society being a polite society.) and avoid doing things that draw attention.
3) I never have had any problem related to CC in any location.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews