JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Start hand-feeding them and see for yourself how friendly those birds become - they won't leave you alone! Now nothing goes to waste in our kitchen: the leftovers get run through the hens, and do they ever love it!

Honest to Gosh! My wife makes lap quilts so the chickens won't soil her friends clothes while petting! They each have several so only wash them once per week. I figure that's what dogs and cats are for!

.They have those "crazy eyes" and I think they are plotting against me..
Well don't get a goat, talk about crazy eyes. Actually they are pretty nice, save for all the crazy shenanigans.. a favorite is to get you all comfortable and then butt you in the arse, nuts or head. never trust a goat

6092337961_7b29d11e90_z.jpg

Oh, and to the fellow posting of offing four raccoons, I thought of you when I shot one in the *** last night.

Austrolarps are a good breed for egg produvtion. I think an austrolarp from 80 or so years ago still holds a egg production record. Roosters are fun, but you need to spend time with them early in their life, and often. Its fun to see thr rooster oit wandering with his ladies.

We haven't had predator problems with this new batch yet. One thing a guy told us is to lay chicken wire flat around the coop so if anything tries to dig, it will have no luck going through the wire. I guess they are too dumb to go back to the edge and under?

We have one Mexican breed that is whitish and has very little wattle. It's a nice quiet bird and lays green-grey eggs. One red and one who knows what. We had a problem with them eating their eggs over winter but now thank heaven that has stopped.

Chickens love crushed oyster shells, especially when they start laying eggs.
I just nailed a small plastic cup 8" off the ground near their feed bowl.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top