JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK,I am pretty sure I can raise a few chickens.I raise some pigs 20 some years ago and it went splendid.
Put up a tractor coop,let 'em range for a bit,throw 'em some feed,pick eggs and butcher.
( I could use info on what breeds are not good eating or not worth the time for whatever reason)

But the waskally wabbits. I am sure I can make a hutch for them and most of the rest,but I could use any info y'all might have on those.
Breeds that are best for eating?
What not to do?
Some let them run in the chicken coop.? (not so much free range though,lol)

Oh and someone told me buying chicks is just easier than letting them hatch from your own chickens.
Don't quite get that one,other than the chicks are a nickel a piece in the spring.

Thanks for any info.I think we all need to think about raising meat animals,since the prices will sky rocket next year

Meat birds are not layers. There in the freezer within 8 weeks.
A couple of egg laying hens don't pencil out feed wise. You have to have enough laying hens to supply eggs for your family and the extra's to sell for it to break even.
Cost of feed has gone up this year, plus they stop laying when they molt in the fall.
Raccoons are always a threat, so any hutch better be strong enough to keep them out.

Racoon's aren't a problem here.Or I don't have anything interesting for them
Haven't seen a one.( couldn't be the dogs )
Now coyotes will be a problem, as will some raptors that live around here

But the hooch will be animal proof

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews