Checking in firearms on military base.

It's generally not much of an issue in my experience. Go to your chain if command and tell them you want to store a weapon and they'll get you squared away on the paperwork. Most units will let you keep 'em in the unit arms room depending on space availability. The process may get a bit more invovled if the unit doesn't have space and you have to goto a post, depot level, or some other arms room. stick with storage at the company/ battery / troop level if possible. But procedures do vary from one place to another so it'd be best to start off by asking someone at battalion hq- the S2/S3 should be up to speed on local regs.

OP
B
Reactions
Edit: I am not actually attached to any unit on these bases. I am active duty at the University of Washington and all my records are kept in Ft. Lewis and all my medical is done on Everett, so I have no command on either of these bases. If I were to drive up to the gate and declare a firearm, would they just turn me away or have me store it somewhere?

I would recommend not just driving up to the gate & declaring a firearm; some overzealous PFC or worse yet overzealous lt. may just mishandle the situation. Call the provost marshal's office, they will be able to give you the specific info for that location

(the biggest differenct between a private first class & a 2nd lieutenant is that the pfc has been promoted twice)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
    • matts
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom