JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's generally not much of an issue in my experience. Go to your chain if command and tell them you want to store a weapon and they'll get you squared away on the paperwork. Most units will let you keep 'em in the unit arms room depending on space availability. The process may get a bit more invovled if the unit doesn't have space and you have to goto a post, depot level, or some other arms room. stick with storage at the company/ battery / troop level if possible. But procedures do vary from one place to another so it'd be best to start off by asking someone at battalion hq- the S2/S3 should be up to speed on local regs.

Edit: I am not actually attached to any unit on these bases. I am active duty at the University of Washington and all my records are kept in Ft. Lewis and all my medical is done on Everett, so I have no command on either of these bases. If I were to drive up to the gate and declare a firearm, would they just turn me away or have me store it somewhere?

I would recommend not just driving up to the gate & declaring a firearm; some overzealous PFC or worse yet overzealous lt. may just mishandle the situation. Call the provost marshal's office, they will be able to give you the specific info for that location

(the biggest differenct between a private first class & a 2nd lieutenant is that the pfc has been promoted twice)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top