JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure this has been posted before but I can't figure out how to search the forum.

I just received my PCP tank and would like to know where I can get it filled. Can anyone direct me to a willing retailer that will give me some air (for renumeration of course)? I have tried airgas, a paintball place in Tualatin (they will do it but don't have a connector) and a pneumatic staple store.

My tank is one of these which seems to be pretty standard.

PCP Charging System 15"

Thanks.

I'm sure this has been posted before but I can't figure out how to search the forum.

I just received my PCP tank and would like to know where I can get it filled. Can anyone direct me to a willing retailer that will give me some air (for renumeration of course)? I have tried airgas, a paintball place in Tualatin (they will do it but don't have a connector) and a pneumatic staple store.

My tank is one of these which seems to be pretty standard.

PCP Charging System 15"

Thanks.
The link you put shows and adapter for sale saying some shops may need this to fill the tank. Did you look for a dive shop in your area? Or ask the paint ball place is there a dive shop they recomend?

I've found that the dive shops want me to be a certified diver and I'm not. That's why I'm posting the question.

Maybe I should be more specific. Has anyone in the Portland area been able to find a retailer to fill this type of tank?

Thanks

Paintball shop near Lebanon Oregon will fill your tank if it's dated with current inspection numbers. I bought a much bigger tank off Craigs list with current numbers for about $150 and the fellow filled it for $40.

You might also check with your local firestation. Many have compressors to fill their SCBA tanks.

My solution... bought a small 30mpa (4500psi) compressor ($270) and have a high pressure hand pump (3500psi) as a backup. There are cheaper... like around $40 available, but you often get what you pay for.

Typical fills can run you $10-15 a pop. 30 fills and a compressor has paid for itself without having to make a drive anywhere, wait around (some dive shops make you drop off and then pick-up in a couple of days) or work within a "9-5" business schedule.

Underwater Dive Shop in downtown Tigard does it. $14 a pop Owners name is Gretchen.

Is located across the side street from Value Village, tucked in behind the bank.

I bought a used tank from her last week.

You might also check with your local firestation. Many have compressors to fill their SCBA tanks.

My solution... bought a small 30mpa (4500psi) compressor ($270) and have a high pressure hand pump (3500psi) as a backup. There are cheaper... like around $40 available, but you often get what you pay for.

Typical fills can run you $10-15 a pop. 30 fills and a compressor has paid for itself without having to make a drive anywhere, wait around (some dive shops make you drop off and then pick-up in a couple of days) or work within a "9-5" business schedule.

I had no idea they sold electric ones to do this that cheap. If someone was into paint ball or those Pre charged air guns that little pump would be well worth the cost.

...little pump would be well worth the cost.
Absolutely! It's not even much more than the cost of a new 80cf tank. What's rough is that most places that fill tanks don't care what size they are or how many PSI's their pumping in. Unlike a dive tank, you may only let an airgun tank drop to 2000psi before requiring a fill, but the fills all cost the same.

Having a small compressor on hand for air on demand also makes it unnecessary to lug around 80cf tanks. I use the compressor to top off my rifle directly and then a small and highly portable 90ci tank. The small tank (4500psi) will give me 4 rifle tank top offs (typically 2000psi back up to 3400psi). At 30-40 shots per fill (before any FPS drop-off) that'll keep you going for awhile (120-160 shots). If not... refills are only a flick of a switch away.

If you do any amount of shooting at all it's pretty much a no brainer.

Last Edited:
Absolutely! It's not even much more than the cost of a new 80cf tank. What's rough is that most places that fill tanks don't care what size they are or how many PSI's their pumping in. Unlike a dive tank, you may only let an airgun tank drop to 2000psi before requiring a fill, but the fills all cost the same.

Having a small compressor on hand for air on demand also makes it unnecessary to lug around 80cf tanks. I use the compressor to top off my rifle directly and then a small and highly portable 90ci tank. The small tank (4500psi) will give me 4 rifle tank top offs (typically 2000psi back up to 3400psi). At 30-40 shots per fill (before any FPS drop-off) that'll keep you going for awhile (120-160 shots). If not... refills are only a flick of a switch away.

If you do any amount of shooting at all it's pretty much a no brainer.

I had looked hard at a couple of those pre charged air guns many times. Some of them look really damn nice. Main reason I never tried is I "thought" I would either have to use one of those hand pumps or buy a SCUBA tank and hassle with filling it. I looked at the pumps and the reviews said it was a hell of a work out trying to fill just the tank on the gun with one. Had no idea they sold these electric ones. Going to have me looking at one of the pre charged more. Would be great little anti pest tool. Places that sell the guns should really mention these in their ads. May make sales easier.

...the reviews said it was a hell of a work out trying to fill just the tank on the gun with one.

YEAH they are! Not undoable, but it's a decent workout and nearly impossible unless you have enough body weight to throw on it. The majority of the "action" is in the last inch or so of the pump and that last inch can wear you out. If you take breaks and do a little at a time it's not so bad.

You certainly take your time and make your shots count though. That's one of the cons of the compressor... ya burn through ammo like a mad dog when your air is limitless. ;)

They are quite a bit of fun though. It's not a "firearm" so you can shoot them just about anywhere. Mine is a fully tuned Condor SS in a .25 and has an additional 9" shroud/moderator. Not too shabby throwing 55gr HP slugs @ 1120~ish FPS... and is about as quiet as a rat fart. :D

They are quite a bit of fun though. It's not a "firearm" so you can shoot them just about anywhere. Mine is a fully tuned Condor SS in a .25 and has an additional 9" shroud/moderator. Not too shabby throwing 55gr HP slugs @ 1120~ish FPS... and is about as quiet as a rat fart. :D

Depends where you live. It would be classified as discharging a firearm in Vancouver city limits.

Depends where you live. It would be classified as discharging a firearm in Vancouver city limits.

They (all air guns) are here too. They were made firearms here decades ago sadly. I had no clue they had when my kids were still here. We all used them in the backyard all the damn time. Just got lucky no one called on us. I was shocked when I found out about the law. That does not mean I do not use one here, just make sure I can't be seen :). Almost bought a higher end one a few times to deal with rats here. Local cats seem to have cleaned them out again so the gun is still sitting in my Amazon cart. Now that I know about these if the local cats start falling down on the job again I would look much harder at one of the PCP ones now. Same if the Raccoons who I ran off after the attack on one dog show back up. One of those PCP guns would take care of them great. Wife bought a paint ball gun quite a while back. As so often happens she soon lost interest in it. If she ever gets into it I will buy one of these. It cost her (IIRC) around $15 to get the tank filled and it was of course a hassle driving to the dive shop to do it. If she decides she wants to start playing with it again I will buy a pump. After the pump I guess I would "have to" buy myself a PCP gun too of course. :)

They (all air guns) are here too. They were made firearms here decades ago sadly. I had no clue they had when my kids were still here. We all used them in the backyard all the damn time. Just got lucky no one called on us. I was shocked when I found out about the law. That does not mean I do not use one here, just make sure I can't be seen :). Almost bought a higher end one a few times to deal with rats here. Local cats seem to have cleaned them out again so the gun is still sitting in my Amazon cart. Now that I know about these if the local cats start falling down on the job again I would look much harder at one of the PCP ones now. Same if the Raccoons who I ran off after the attack on one dog show back up. One of those PCP guns would take care of them great. Wife bought a paint ball gun quite a while back. As so often happens she soon lost interest in it. If she ever gets into it I will buy one of these. It cost her (IIRC) around $15 to get the tank filled and it was of course a hassle driving to the dive shop to do it. If she decides she wants to start playing with it again I will buy a pump. After the pump I guess I would "have to" buy myself a PCP gun too of course. :)

I was curious how quite some of the piston ones are and went into Big 5 (years and years ago) to take a look.

The kid behind the counter was brand new as he instantly said yes, when I asked if I could dry fire one into a trash can.

Should have seen the look on the managers face at the checkout. I may as well have yelled everyone one the ground with yours hands up!

I thanked him and quickly vacated the building.

Although it probably wouldn't have been as loud without the trash can:D

I was curious how quite some of the piston ones are and went into Big 5 (years and years ago) to take a look.

The kid behind the counter was brand new as he instantly said yes, when I asked if I could dry fire one into a trash can.

Should have seen the look on the managers face at the checkout. I may as well have yelled everyone one the ground with yours hands up!

I thanked him and quickly vacated the building.

Although it probably wouldn't have been as loud without the trash can:D
:s0140::s0140::s0140:
Poor kid probably got sent to clean the restrooms after that

Another option, join an air gun forum and see if someone close by has a compressor. One of the best and largest was the Yellow Forum, they recently changed servers and the forum name, it's now AirgunWarriors Forum. I know there used to be several big bore fans between Portland and Eugene that had compressors and were willing to help out with fills. If nothing else, the Forum used to keep a list of places to get fills all over the country.

I was big into PCP's for quite awhile, had more than a few and shot them a lot. The cheap compressors weren't available yet, pumping was a pain, and the closest dive shop was 50 miles away. Best option for me was leasing a 4500 PSI nitrogen cylinder from the local welding supply house. Not all of them handle the nitrogen cylinders, and you'd still need a fill setup, but it might be an option. Only downside is portability, the cylinder is about 5' tall and weighs over 200 pounds, not exactly something you can toss in the trunk. Later, and goog luck.

Dave

Wow those high pressure compressors have really dropped in price. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow those high pressure compressors have really dropped in price. Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, they've gone up significantly since first discovered. You used to be able to get them direct from China for $200 delivered! Even 6 months ago. Now they know how quickly we'll drop that kind of money in a heartbeat they've gone up ~$100 (if you get a supplier shipping in bulk to the U.S. then re-shipping "local") and more in the $350-$400 range ordering direct from China since they are paying per item shipping costs. Even at that though... wachagonna do? Drop $200 on a large tank, keep doing fills at $10 a pop and hope you don't run out of air before the dive shop opens on Monday? ;)

Actually, they've gone up significantly since first discovered. You used to be able to get them direct from China for $200 delivered! Even 6 months ago. Now they know how quickly we'll drop that kind of money in a heartbeat they've gone up ~$100 (if you get a supplier shipping in bulk to the U.S. then re-shipping "local") and more in the $350-$400 range ordering direct from China since they are paying per item shipping costs. Even at that though... wachagonna do? Drop $200 on a large tank, keep doing fills at $10 a pop and hope you don't run out of air before the dive shop opens on Monday? ;)

I have a large 3500psi tank and it has refilled my PCP many times. I would bet I get over a thousand shots on one full tank , with my Marauder. I am really surprised how long it has lasted.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top