JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want a massive showing of support we need to go on Thanksgiving weekend and brake down on the Salem exits north and southbound 5, stop all statewide traffic right there, thats our first step, then jam all side streets, and then stand on the steps and make your speech, they cheated on our election and that measure was only won by them cheating, start the massive statewide flyers at shows starting this weekend and all social media venues, everyone need to get a cb as well, we need to backwards with our coms,

View attachment 1314720
I drive a Ford so the chances of it breaking down there are pretty good😄

Color me naive, but isn't this a civil rights issue, first and foremost?

The objective ought to be a heckuva huge lawsuit joined by the tens of thousands of folks "injured" by Oregon's deliberate 2A infringement . . . a law that (1)has denied them the right to purchase a firearm expressly because they do not have a permit that Oregon (almost certainly) will not have available to anyone by the effective date of the law, (2) requires specific training not required - if even available - prior to the law's effective date, (3) coerces citizens into submitting their sensitive, private identity information for inclusion in a publicly accessible, online database, and (4) demands that law abiding citizens - uniquely - request permission from bureaucratic functionaries to exercise a constitutionally protected right. Not forgetting to mention that the law is an in-your-face restriction on inanimate objects of certain capacity in spite of court rulings that state such restrictions do not pass a constitutional test.

Putting it all together, mob rule in Oregon has codified the most blatant infringement of a natural right in America since the Crown's army occupied Boston. Insult to injury, the State of Oregon will use your tax dollars to defend that infringement in the courts.

(With that said, isn't it off the point - totally irrelevant - that this week some of you can still report 'I got mine in five minutes'. Isn't that somewhat akin to a Fudd saying, 'No problem, just so long as it doesn't take away the good ol' double-barrel in my closet'?)

Imagine if every gun owner, say those with more than 1 or those that collect, just transfers 1 gun to their eldest child or wife. Solely to add to the number.

Solely to add to the number is really my point.
This would work as long as the FFL is not one of those who wants to hang onto the gun while the paperwork goes thru, and you are willing to pay the fees just to FU the system, and the gun is one that is already "in the system" (no way am I going to do that with one that is "off the books").

As long as you don't say anything about the transferee being a close relative (there being an exception for those).

If you want a massive showing of support we need to go on Thanksgiving weekend and brake down on the Salem exits north and southbound 5, stop all statewide traffic right there, thats our first step, then jam all side streets, and then stand on the steps and make your speech, they cheated on our election and that measure was only won by them cheating, start the massive statewide flyers at shows starting this weekend and all social media venues, everyone need to get a cb as well, we need to backwards with our coms,

View attachment 1314720
Works in Seattle...

I think most of the people who want to purchase a gun already have.
I would hope so however this brings up a thought I have considered.

I wonder how many new, first time gun purchases are 'impulsive' based on fear, self defense concerns etc. as opposed to being out of interest, sporting, hobby etc?

My point being is if a person has (or had) any thoughts for personal protection then shouldn't this have been a prevailing concern at some point in his or her life and already own a gun (or guns) shoot regularly, become familiar with them as opposed to a an impulsive reaction to something - E.G. Covid, 2020 or 114 ?

Hey, I am completely against 114, and do see it as an infringement on our rights but IF some are out trying to buy their first gun due to 'the sky is falling' well, I can't be entirely empathetic toward them for something they should have considered previously.

Do yous guys have "legalized" marijuana?
I feckin hate dopers....

Joe
We got it all. Weed, cocoaine, crack, heroine, meth, you name it. It's all been decriminalized….. and you can sleep/sh!t/and steal on the streets with no criminal prosecution…

While our 2A RIGHTS are being criminalized.

One makes the street safer, the other does not. If you use your brain and guess which one I'm referring to you will be wrong. Oregon democrats don't know the difference from their mouth to their a$$hole.

And a multitude of republicans/independents/libertarians don't vote "cause it won't change anything, so why bother…."

Pathetic.

I'm out, I'm a 5-minute approval.
Go buy at a big box store.

I'm a known individual and generally nigh instant approval... A Cut Above Pawn, Lucky Sporting Goods, Adaptive Firing Solutions... all input my information properly and no issues.

Found a Sig P322 on the shelf in the display case at Cabela's. Put myself on the QR Code queue and then waited. 3+ hours later, I'm able to buy the P322 and wouldn't have guessed it but I'm in the BGC queue.

This is bad for non-CHL holders... at least in Washington County (probably others too)

"According to the Oregon Secretary of State, Measure 114 will go into effect at 12:00 AM on December 8, 2022.

On that date, firearm sales by dealers, at gun shows, and private transfers (other than close relative transfers) will stop in Oregon. Gun dealers cannot transfer a firearm after December 8 without the purchaser's valid permit-to-purchase, as defined in section 3 of the measure. If you purchase a firearm before December 8, it must be in your possession before the measure takes effect. The purchase is not finalized if the firearm is not in your possession."

He goes on to say...

"Because the measure effectively stops all gun sales in Oregon, I expect a court challenge occurs before the measure takes effect. At a minimum, I would not be surprised if a federal judge temporarily stayed the measure until a permit process is created or it is determined if the measure violates the Second Amendment. There is a serious question of whether a citizen's inability to purchase a firearm goes directly against the "core" Second Amendment right. The Oregon State Sheriff's Association supports a court challenge to clarify Constitutional questions raised by this measure."

https://www.washingtoncountyor.gov/sheriff/news/statement-sheriff-garrett-measure-114

Should have gotten my CHL two years ago when I moved here.

Does anyone think there's even a remote chance that if I order a shotgun today that it will clear OSP by the 8th?
Just do it! Oh and get your CHL. Haha

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top