JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry was out of town..

When it first happened, the first mag was loaded to the max (20), after it happened the second and third time ont the same mag (was cetme mag) I swaped out mags and only put 10 in the next mag (cetme) and had a jam after 3 rounds. Loaded 5 rounds in each of 3 other mags (G3 and cetme) and still had the jamming issue.

When you say "jamming issue", do you mean that the spent shell is failing to eject? Then maybe another round tries to go home but can"t? First off, is the shell being extracted from the chamber? After that it is an ejection issue. Maybe the angle of the ejector vs. the ejection port and clearance to through the shell out of the gun. It does not sound like a mag issue because it happens with what ever mags you use.

When you say "jamming issue", do you mean that the spent shell is failing to eject? Then maybe another round tries to go home but can"t? First off, is the shell being extracted from the chamber? After that it is an ejection issue. Maybe the angle of the ejector vs. the ejection port and clearance to through the shell out of the gun. It does not sound like a mag issue because it happens with what ever mags you use.

I'm tempted to agree with you, however, the mag is the ony moving/removable part and if it suddenly became an issue!!! Ultimatly more information is needed as others have said!!

The rounds seem to feed ok, kinda of hard to watch it and shoot it at the same time.

Ya, thats about how its happening, and when there is a miss feed, (round tries to go home but can"t) that normaly has only been happening on the G3 mags, ..

have had shell get caught in the action (length wise) sometimes sideways, others where the round seems to be pinched (miss feed) and where the round seems to jump out of the mag get jammed in the action between the bold face and like the barrle face (more towards the top ot the receiver.

When I get back I can set up some pic's to explain it more.

The rounds seem to feed ok, kinda of hard to watch it and shoot it at the same time.

Ya, thats about how its happening, and when there is a miss feed, (round tries to go home but can"t) that normaly has only been happening on the G3 mags, ..

have had shell get caught in the action (length wise) sometimes sideways, others where the round seems to be pinched (miss feed) and where the round seems to jump out of the mag get jammed in the action between the bold face and like the barrle face (more towards the top ot the receiver.

When I get back I can set up some pic's to explain it more.

Two things come to my mind. It sounds like the rifle is extracting ok, but if the shell gets stuck in the action or is sideways when the bolt goes back forward....it is not ejecting properly. Meaning that the ejector might be worn down because the shell should kick out of the rifle far enough and fast enough that it should be clear when the bolt goes home. After all it is a old military rifle. Second...You described that sometimes a round "jumps" out of the mag....take a look at the feed lips on the mag. They might be either worn down or slightly tweaked out and need to be bent inward just a little. After all they are old military also. Some guns can be very tempermental and very picky about mags and ammo.

Two things come to my mind. It sounds like the rifle is extracting ok, but if the shell gets stuck in the action or is sideways when the bolt goes back forward....it is not ejecting properly. Meaning that the ejector might be worn down because the shell should kick out of the rifle far enough and fast enough that it should be clear when the bolt goes home. After all it is a old military rifle. Second...You described that sometimes a round "jumps" out of the mag....take a look at the feed lips on the mag. They might be either worn down or slightly tweaked out and need to be bent inward just a little. After all they are old military also. Some guns can be very tempermental and very picky about mags and ammo.

The rounds only jump out of the aluminum G3 mag.. the Cetme and the steel G3 mags all work great.

Thanks for the info guys, I will look at the mags and the ejector when I get a chance and get home.

The rounds only jump out of the aluminum G3 mag.. the Cetme and the steel G3 mags all work great.

Thanks for the info guys, I will look at the mags and the ejector when I get a chance and get home.

A lot of people have problems with aluminum mags, like others said, cetmes can be very tempermental, just how they are! Also, I occasionally not often have the spent round get jammed in and all dented to **** on the neck, doesn't happen often.

So I have a question. If I were to get one of these receiver if I could use the Cetme I have as a Parts kit. And replace the cheaper stuff with higher-end HK parts?
I would need help with this as I lack the tools and knowlage..

receivers
G3 HK91 CETME Receiver Flat

HK91 Receiver Flat, G3 Receiver Flat, CETME receiver Flat, HK 91 HK-91 Receiver Flat, RTG Gun Parts

And I'd like to have this grip on it and the HK style sights.

Grip
HK G3 Plastic SEF Navy lower, RTG Gun Parts

Sight

HK91 G3 Rear Sight Parts PTR91 HK-91 HK 91 V51, RTG Gun Parts

So I have a question. If I were to get one of these receiver if I could use the Cetme I have as a Parts kit. And replace the cheaper stuff with higher-end HK parts?

receivers

HK91 Receiver Flat, G3 Receiver Flat, CETME receiver Flat, HK 91 HK-91 Receiver Flat, RTG Gun Parts

Grip

Sight

Either flat you have as examples will work with your Cetme. The rear sight will work also. It is just a matter of which sight base you weld to the receiver. The trigger housing will fit the receiver in question...but I am not totally sure of the internals. I know that HK internals are different then Cetme internals. I just don't know if a Cetme trigger pack will work inside a HK trigger housing. I am not sure if the cage is different and will interchange. Maybe somebody that has actually compared the 2 would know more than I.

Either flat you have as examples will work with your Cetme. The rear sight will work also. It is just a matter of which sight base you weld to the receiver. The trigger housing will fit the receiver in question...but I am not totally sure of the internals. I know that HK internals are different then Cetme internals. I just don't know if a Cetme trigger pack will work inside a HK trigger housing. I am not sure if the cage is different and will interchange. Maybe somebody that has actually compared the 2 would know more than I.

need to make sure you dont violate 922r!!!! replacing the lower could potentially effect your us parts count.

receivers

Grip

Sight

yes and no

the heart of the G3 Cetme rifles are the the barrel and trunnion and bolt carrier if you were upgrading these would be the main parts . these must be mated pcs if you replace those with G3 parts you might as well build a G3 since those are the main parts

cetmes are good rifles if properly built i have one that is not from century and it works excellent

it has some HK upgrades like the cocking tube and rear sight and the lower which is G3 Design but mostly US made for 922r

the complete lowers are interchangeable but the internals are not, meaning if you use a G3 grip frame you can't use cetme internals but you can use a G3 complete lower on a Cetme and vs versa

remember the lower has to be purchased as a semi auto lower only or made into a semi auto only lower do not try to fit or make fit the factory full auto lower onto your receiver this could result in a 10 yr prison sentence and $250,000 fine. Its best to be on the safe side and have the lower converted to semi auto only first especially if your planning on bending a flat because until the shelf is welded on you

if you purchase a G3 clone receiver you can use any semi auto lower . you can order lowers from JLD and SW that include US parts

if your not wanting to spend big bucks and use your cetme as parts then you can install them onto the G3 clone receiver but if you had any problems with your cetme you will have them with your new rifle unless the problem is related to the receiver which is usally part mag catch problem meaning the mag catch slot may be out of spec which is common with some US made receivers . these can be fixed sometimes with a file some times with a welder or JB weld

i really don't see a point in butchering the cetme you have for parts unless you have one that has a ground bolt in which case you'll need to replace the bolt and barrel .

the trunnions are different enough if the mag catch slot is slightly out of spec that together could cause feed problems with certain aluminum mags

i suggest just using cetme mags they do fit tighter

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR