JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for some help/input from anyone who has built/pressed/rolled a CETME flat. Possibly has a jig or knows the tricks to doing it. I've got a fairly nice kit and looking to assemble from there. Thanks

I have rolled many flats with my tooling. 9mm and 308. I see you live in Oly. I am in Puyallup. I have tooling to square the side rails also so you can use a retractable stock. I am at work right now but when I get home I can send you some pics of some of the work. Are you going to the WAC show this weekend? I'll be there on Saturday. Not quite sure what time. I just thought that I have a thread on here about a SP89 I am building. But the pics are gone. I just checked. Anyway I can help you roll your flat. Can you weld? Because you are going to need to make your flat ATF legal with a semi auto shelf and the rear sight needs to be welded in place. Not to mention you have to weld the seem once you roll the flat. Then you need to weld the front trunion in place. How cleaned up is your kit? Is the barrel still in the trunion? Is the cocking tube still in place? If the barrel is still in the trunion, it is a lot easier to set the head space. Send me a PM with your private e-mail account and I have a chit load of info I can send you on step by step building from another forum.

I have rolled many flats with my tooling. 9mm and 308. I see you live in Oly. I am in Puyallup. I have tooling to square the side rails also so you can you a retractable stock. I am at work right now but when I get home I can send you some pics of some of the work. Are you going to the WAC show this weekend? I'll be there on Saturday. Not quite sure what time. I just thought that I have a thread on here about a SP89 I am building. But the pics are gone. I just checked. Anyway I can help you roll your flat. Can you weld? Because you are going to need to make your flat ATF legal with a semi auto shelf and the rear sight needs to be welded in place. Not to mention you have to weld the seem once you roll the flat. Then you need to weld the front trunion in place. How cleaned up is your kit? Is the barrel still in the trunion? Is the cocking tube still in place? If the barrel is still in the trunion, it is a lot easier to set the head space. Send me a PM with your private e-mail account and I have a chit load of info I can send you on step by step building from another forum.

I may have just realized how very little I know about guns.:confused:

I may have just realized how very little I know about guns.:confused:

Just like cars or motorcycles...you don't know much until you jump in with both feet and figure it all out. Guns are not that complicated. A gas powered chevy 350 v8 is much more complicated. On the down side...I don't know squat about an automatic transmission. Mainly because I have never taken one apart.

don't forget you will need US made 922r compliance parts

at least 6 with out muzzle devise 7 with muzzle device

your receiver will count as one unless to bend it out of the country

i posted a link on another post here for a guy that make US made Cetme parts
which you will also need to convert you trigger pack to safe and semi only.

Yep I am familiar with the compliance parts requirement pretty much squared away for that, just getting it all into some semblance of a functioning weapon is the goal.

don't forget you will need US made 922r compliance parts

at least 6 with out muzzle devise 7 with muzzle device

your receiver will count as one unless to bend it out of the country

i posted a link on another post here for a guy that make US made Cetme parts
which you will also need to convert you trigger pack to safe and semi only.

Thanx Eldbilbo, I forgot to mention the compliance parts. Don't want to piss off the ATF. Yes the trigger pack must also be compliant.

hey rdb241 i'm calling dibs on that jig if you ever decide to sell it.

even though i pretty much bagged the idea of bending flats and put all my spare parts on the classifieds, i did keep a couple flats , just in case:D i got the itch to do it. and a buddy of mine is going to do one for sure, i know if he ever got a jig i would most likely have to roll one.

Any time you are up here for a gun show, bring your flats. I only live 1 mile away from the fair grounds. We can run over to the house and "roll one up!". :s0114::s0114: It only takes about 30 min. Anytime, just let me know.....

i'll pass the word to the buddy of mine wanting to build one i just remembered he travels up there to visit his sister on occasion .

I have a request! Someone to maybe look at it and tell me what might be wrong.

I have a Cetme that the last couple of times I have taken it out, It doesnt seem to be able to go through a mag without jamming. Now it worked fine before I ( Cleaned it ). Im in SE Portland area.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews