JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have two semi auto rifles that i would bring tp fundamemtals:

A molot vepr in 7.62x39mm
And an armalite m15.

Vepr is already zeroed well as far as i can tell. AR-15 still needs to be. But I just brought up my hog hunter because of all my rifles it seemed i wasnt able to hit anythung well with the irons. I could pick up the vepr and be pretty solid but the hog hunter not so much. It may not be iron sights as much as bad posture, breathing, anticipating recoil, etc. All things a class could remedy. Also there is an evil fudd at that range lmfao. He is the RSO from lile massachussettes or somewhere and you can see people complaining about him in the google reviews. Lol

Gotcha. Well we can go to Larch as well. I have a decent bench we can set up. I bet with some sand bags we could get it dialed In. I usually sight in iron aighted guns at 50 yards. Nice compromise where you can still see the target.

Wow, can help you zero in your rifles. I don't have a bench set up yet, so it would all be prone.

I ask if folks rifles are zero'd before we start, and allow ample time for ut...so no worries there.

Any questions, fire away.

20181020_105408.jpg

Wow, can help you zero in your rifles. I don't have a bench set up yet, so it would all be prone.

I ask if folks rifles are zero'd before we start, and allow ample time for ut...so no worries there.

Any questions, fire away.

I will have mine zeroed before a course. Tomorrow i plan on getting my leupold scope dialed in on the hog hunter.

Thanks for the AAR. I meant to do one when I was out in Sept for a combined pistol/rifle run the gun. I was the only student, and despite pressing chores on the farm, Steve put it on hold and conducted an intense 2-day 1 on 1 class. Put all my pre-conceived habits to the test, with many found to be lacking. Just the changes in the draw stroke were worth the week -end. Take away from the rifle day, the lighter my rifle the better - 600 rds is way different than a usual range day with 200 rds. Using the rifle intensely at pistol ranges changed the way i practice now. A super valuable week end that kicked my bubblegum.

Thanks for the AAR. I meant to do one when I was out in Sept for a combined pistol/rifle run the gun. I was the only student, and despite pressing chores on the farm, Steve put it on hold and conducted an intense 2-day 1 on 1 class. Put all my pre-conceived habits to the test, with many found to be lacking. Just the changes in the draw stroke were worth the week -end. Take away from the rifle day, the lighter my rifle the better - 600 rds is way different than a usual range day with 200 rds. Using the rifle intensely at pistol ranges changed the way i practice now. A super valuable week end that kicked my bubblegum.
Good stuff Mike, I shared the same opinion after my first class with Steve. I left pretty mentally exhausted, my second go round I was much more prepared due to practicing all the techniques I learned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top