JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea mine was kinds self inflicted, after class mine was locked up solid with a few scratches. Steve was laughing/amazed how fast I was moving in the dirt to manipulate my body to get the shots off behind the baracades. I looked like I was breakdancing spinning on my hip grinding the pistol into the red rock lol, but got the job done.

That is a hilarious image.

I thoroughly enjoyed Steve's one day pistol class. I was amazed at what I didn't know. It was like drinking from a fire hose . I am working on what he taught but look forward to go again to refresh and move forward. I highly recommend @Cerberus Group .

Guys we need to form a training group of guys committed to doing 1-2 classes a year with Steve. I am sure it makes Steve's teaching easier when everybody in the class is at the same level of training.

Thank you all for the kind words!

In another thread...and I can't recall which one it was right off...Taco and I were discussing the skills I felt are required to have, before one runs around with their caboose on fire, sliding around vehicles etc.

I want people to be able concentrate on their surroundings, not what's in their hands. A lot of people can shoot well, but when it comes to overall handling and manipulation, I find it can slow some folks down to the point of being a detriment to keeping aware of their surroundings. This is where Run the Gun comes from. Running your chosen equipment, so it does not run you. And not putting so much content into the class, that it gets lost.

I felt Taco was a bit skeptical of me, so I invited him up to do some shooting, but it turned out to be a good day of instruction and defining some things so he could understand why I do, what I do. I have a passion for training...so it seems a normal day of shooting just turns out that way.

I'm not the end all of firearms instructors...far from it, but I think folks need to be at a certain level with their chosen equipment before moving on to some skills. I do not believe in "Advanced Training", they are skills not yet learned.

Next time you see a video of a gunfight or shooting, pick out the "Advanced Skills", then send me a link to it. You need to fight what's dealt you, not what you trained for...as training can not cover every conceivable possibility. But hopefully, it will provide you with enough grounded foundation for you to rely on. Provided you do your part...that is take what you received at the training of your choice, and hone the skills presented.

I put Porter and a couple others thru an abbreviated one day S.A.T class back in September. They now have a taste of what 2 or 3 days will be like, and they can now understand why a higher standard of accuracy, handling and physical ability is required.

Porter was a peculiar shade of red by the time he was done! Lol

Last Edited:
"Cerberus Training Group said"
I put Porter and a couple others thru an abbreviated one day S.A.T class back in September. They now have a taste of what 2 or 3 days will be like, and they can now understand why a higher standard of accuracy, handling and physical ability is required. Porter was a peculiar shade of red by the time he was done! Lol[/QUOTE]
"Porter said"
I enjoyed all the oft hand shooting and shooting manipulation to put rounds on the target accurately. And what can I say about the shade of red, I got into that drill and it got into me as I walked away looking like pig pen LoL. The real world bump in the night training you teach is what makes me look forward to challenging myself at the next class. Hopefully we can get a group together and keep them together for years of future classes. The comrodery that's shared at the AK/Black Rifles events, as well as classes has been really awesome.

For those serious about forming a group that will be commited to doing 1-2 classes a year I will put together a thread soon to guage interest. This will be something that will be needed to be taken seriously as far as commitment as I want everybody in the group to be up to speed and learning at the same rate so we can get the most of Steve's class. As a group we can deciede on times of the year that works for the group, and if possible coordinate training around the same time I put on the AK/Black rifles meet and greet. Prob springtime is what I am thinking.

I was looking for a good firearms instructor near me as i was originally planning om saving for thunder ramch but as awesome as ole tac fudd clint smith is he is very far away and his classes are top dollar last i checked. I thank you taco as Steve's classes are not only closer to me they are also affordable in comparison to any other firearms training ive seen. I will probably take his rifle/pistol fundamentals as i know i need improvement and instruction from a begginers standpoint. This may be an obvious yes but do they help you zero your rifle? That is something i need help mastering in particular with my savage hog hunter in .308.

I was looking for a good firearms instructor near me as i was originally planning om saving for thunder ramch but as awesome as ole tac fudd clint smith is he is very far away and his classes are top dollar last i checked. I thank you taco as Steve's classes are not only closer to me they are also affordable in comparison to any other firearms training ive seen. I will probably take his rifle/pistol fundamentals as i know i need improvement and instruction from a begginers standpoint. This may be an obvious yes but do they help you zero your rifle? That is something i need help mastering in particular with my savage hog hunter in .308.
For starters, don't even think for a second you are getting second rate training because Steve's prices are so economical. For the money you will not find a better instructor, there is a reason he gets recommended quite often and has all the real world qualifications. Lastly Steve will help you zero in your rifle but it's highly recommended you already have it done before you get there or shop up early and get it done.

Hi Wow,

My gut reaction is that the fundamentals class is geared more towards semi auto firearms. But I am not positive on that. Private instruction is also an option for not much more money.

I would be happy to help you get that zeroed off a bench as well. My preffered range for bench rest is in castle rock, about $15 for a whole day of shooting on a 25-300 yard range.

Range Fees & Hours | Cowlitz Public Shooting Range

For starters, don't even think for a second you are getting second rate training because Steve's prices are so economical. For the money you will not find a better instructor, there is a reason he gets recommended quite often and has all the real world qualifications. Lastly Steve will help you zero in your rifle but it's highly recommended you already have it done before you get there or shop up early and get it done.
I meant no disrespect to steve at all I was complimemting his pricing hiven the reviews of his courses.

Hi Wow,

My gut reaction is that the fundamentals class is geared more towards semi auto firearms. But I am not positive on that. Private instruction is also an option for not much more money.

I would be happy to help you get that zeroed off a bench as well. My preffered range for bench rest is in castle rock, about $15 for a whole day of shooting on a 25-300 yard range.

Range Fees & Hours | Cowlitz Public Shooting Range

I have two semi auto rifles that i would bring tp fundamemtals:

A molot vepr in 7.62x39mm
And an armalite m15.

Vepr is already zeroed well as far as i can tell. AR-15 still needs to be. But I just brought up my hog hunter because of all my rifles it seemed i wasnt able to hit anythung well with the irons. I could pick up the vepr and be pretty solid but the hog hunter not so much. It may not be iron sights as much as bad posture, breathing, anticipating recoil, etc. All things a class could remedy. Also there is an evil fudd at that range lmfao. He is the RSO from lile massachussettes or somewhere and you can see people complaining about him in the google reviews. Lol

I meant no disrespect to steve at all I was complimemting his pricing hiven the reviews of his courses.
Ya no prob at all neither was I in the words I said.. I just wanted to make sure that just because somebody charges alot more than Steve doesn't mean you are getting better instruction. Take his class and I am 100% sure you will be back for more. He is a huge asset in the northwest firearms community for resonable price firearms training.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top