JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
9/21 - Pistol/Rifle Combo 1 day - 125.00

Learn to run both...efficiently.

This 1 day class will get you well on your way to operating with efficiency and control in your shooting and your chosen equipment with confidence. With skills and drills that will take you from just shooting, to using your chosen combo with improved performance and refined skills.
Going through proper grip options, trigger press, sight use and overall manipulations that, combined with drills to tie it all together that will be both useful well past the range and with your general shooting occasions.
Required Ammunition -
One Day Combo - 250 Rounds Pistol / 250 Rounds Rifle
Class starts at 0800 and runs from 8-10 hours per day

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/22-23 Run the Gun - Pistol - 250.00

Learn to the run the gun, so the gun does not run you.

This 2 day class is made to instill the fundamentals of efficiency into your firearm. We work with your firearm and related equipment with manipulations and drills that are logical and proven to be effective and useful well past the range. No industry standard watered down content that so often fails to relate to the street. You will understand how the brain works in taking in the information and properly absorb it so that productive execution of the training is maintained.

Every student has told me this is far from a basic class, yet agree these are needed skills...in my opinion, basic necessary skills. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. This class will challenge and develop your skills as a shooter to be solid with manipulations, engagement and awareness that yields results through experience that you can build upon for your future training.

Required Ammunition - 1000 Rounds Class starts at 0800 and runs for 8-10 hrs per day

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/28 - Pistol/Rifle Combo 1 day - 125.00

This 1 day class will get you well on your way to operating with efficiency and control in your shooting and your chosen equipment with confidence. With skills and drills that will take you from just shooting, to using your chosen combo with improved performance and refined skills.
Going through proper grip options, trigger press, sight use and overall manipulations that, combined with drills to tie it all together that will be both useful well past the range and with your general shooting occasions.
Required Ammunition -
One Day Combo - 250 Rounds Pistol / 250 Rounds Rifle

9/29-30 - Pistol/Rifle Combo 2 day - 250.00

This 2 day class will get you well on your way to operating with efficiency and control in your shooting and your chosen equipment with confidence. With skills and drills that will take you from just shooting, to using your chosen combo with improved performance and refined skills.
Required Ammunition -
Two Day Combo - 500 Rounds Pistol / 500 Rounds Rifle

cerberus-training.com

Have training, will travel.
I'm available to put on classes anywhere in the Northwest...Washington, Oregon, or Idaho.

If there's someone that wants me to put on a class or classes at their range, contact me directly, we'll find a date (s) and we'll both advertise it and make it happen.

Great prices for the training; but do you ever hold classes in Western WA?

Don't anyone let those great prices fool you, he is the real deal. Steve is a retired LEO, once upon a time he was part of a ten man team that cruised the woods taking down Mexican nationals in their pot fields, he has survived multiple shootings and to this day trains SWAT candidates how to shoot before they go off to SWAT school to learn team tactics, skills and all that other SWAT stuff.

He is worth the drive. There were two guy from the Seattle area at his class yesterday and today. There was a whole group of them from that area two weeks ago at the AK shoot. One of the guys even commented on driving past multiple training centers to make it to Steve's range. They did the same thing last year and plan to the same next year, I plan on being there with them, but I'm lucky, I only have to drive 3 or 4 hours depending on where I'm coming from.

I didn't mean to imply that the training wasn't valuable or that the people were not highly skilled. The prices are just very reasonable compared to the market. They could definitely charge more.

In a perfect world without work and family commitments on my time I would be willing to drive further, but my post-military years mean that training must compete with other obligations.

I didn't mean to imply that the training wasn't valuable or that the people were not highly skilled. The prices are just very reasonable compared to the market. They could definitely charge more.

I was not trying to single you out personally, which is why I said "anyone", I just quoted you because you brought up the point and I just know sometimes people will think, "Hey, this guy only charges half and in some cases one quarter what these others do, he must be crap." and wanted to point out that is not the case here.

In a perfect world without work and family commitments on my time I would be willing to drive further, but my post-military years mean that training must compete with other obligations.

Of course, my only point here was several people from your area head down and there may be carpool opportunities available.

Last Edited:
I've been called out on here thru PM's and on other forums about my prices.

The range is on my personal property, which means my overhead is almost nothing. If no one signs up for a class, I'm not out anything.

After hearing about all the people that bought firearms the last election cycle, I figured people need an affordable and quality place with quality curriculum to learn and train.

Searching the major, well known firearms schools in the Northwest and Northern California, I found classes anywhere from 200 to 500 a day, and 2 day classes around 400-450...a lot of people can't afford that after traveling, lodging and food are added in.

The other thing I found, was information overload. Cramming too much in an 8hr day.

I get quite a few people that overlook my classes because they think they are too basic. After having around 50 people out this year, not one has said any of my classes are basic. My definition of basic is clearly a higher standard than a lot of folks think.

I have a high standard of competence in handling and efficiency one should attain, where they can concentrate on their surroundings, instead of what's in their hand(s).

As I responded above, and has been on my website for about a month or more...that is " Guest Instruction". Meaning, I am more than happy to travel to a range of your choice and present any class(es) you wish. Obviously traveling expenses are added in the cost, but if you have a small group, the overall cost is actually cheaper per person to have me travel.

So if that sounds doable, contact me directly through the website, and let's get something set up.

No harm, no foul here. I understand the obligation thing, I had to pull some training dates from the website this morning as I've got some things that need tending to before the snow flies.

The range will get pushed out to 200 yards, as soon as we get enough moisture to hold the dirt together.
In the next year or so, better parking and covered areas. Then the long range plan is a shoot house, classroom, and more shooting bays.

I know I'm not close to most folks that come here, but once you've trained with me, if you're ever around the area, you're welcome to use the range...no charge.

I am in it for the students...this is my way of giving back, to pay it forward so to speak. For those that gave me their time and rare opportunity to train under some of the patriarchs of the combat shooting industry. The training groups and schools I was able to attend, and the friendships gained...all paid for by the LE agencies I worked for.

Maximum students allowed in any class is 8, as I want to make sure every student gets individual attention.

Although I do have a class cancellation policy, I've never used it. If there's only one person signed up for a class, it runs. You won't find another firearms school that will do that.

I would like to get in on a class or two, but am not sure how to work out the schedule with work.
I will put this on my to-do list and go from there. I am from Western Washington as well, so I would have to figure out the logistics.

Check the website, link in my signature area.

Run the Gun Rifle, a Foundation, and 1911 Armorer/Operator

Haven't posted November yet. More than likely will be mostly armorer classes, as the weather turns ugly around here by then.

I would like to get in on a class or two, but am not sure how to work out the schedule with work.
I will put this on my to-do list and go from there. I am from Western Washington as well, so I would have to figure out the logistics.

Yep, I'm not the most convenient place around...but I'll make it worth your while.

I have been thru 2 classes and put on 2 AK shoots with Steve in the past year and I will tell you that his training is worth far more than he is charging and is worth the drive. His training is the real deal, many that have taken his classes will back up my statement.

I have been thru 2 classes and put on 2 AK shoots with Steve in the past year and I will tell you that his training is worth far more than he is charging and is worth the drive. His training is the real deal, many that have taken his classes will back up my statement.

We met briefly at the last AK shoot and agree 100%, I was guy that showed up Saturday evening before you guys bailed. I definitely would like to get in on the next AK S.A.T. party you guys throw at Steve's range. My membership to AKfiles just got approval so you'll start seeing me over there too. Look forward to it.

Ahh yes, we will be hopefully making the AK shoot a yearly thing as well as adding a black rifles shoot to the mix also. My group is committed to doing atleast 1-2 training weekends with Steve a year also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top