JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mygrainman - Thanks for posting the picture of the Kineti-tech blast shield. I was unaware of them. I will try one. When at the range I use both foam ear plus, and a ANR headset. The comp's ARE noisy. Of coarse, if Tax stamps weren't $200. and suppressor's weren't $700.00+, I'd go that route.

Hey I recognize that display case!!

There is usually a super cool machine gun of the week sitting on top of it... oh the toys Wally gets to play with:rolleyes:.

Gators is where I bought my Cans too and wouldn't go anywhere else. Ben knows his $h*+ when it comes to getting the mountains of paperwork done right. I consider those boys family... best little gun shop in the state!

I suffer from a serious loss in my right ear due to several hundred rounds of .50 BMG and no protection during a serious fight! That said, what hearing I do have left must be protected, and I don't normally use a brake around others! The few I do have get switched to a flash hider ( mostly to protect the muzzle threads instead of a threaded cap) so I can shoot with out causing issues to others!

Question, What about the old school Conical flash hiders?
Any restrictions?
608-7.jpg

I suffer from a serious loss in my right ear due to several hundred rounds of .50 BMG and no protection during a serious fight! That said, what hearing I do have left must be protected, and I don't normally use a brake around others! The few I do have get switched to a flash hider ( mostly to protect the muzzle threads instead of a threaded cap) so I can shoot with out causing issues to others!

Question, What about the old school Conical flash hiders?
Any restrictions?
View attachment 552870

As long as they don't loosen my teeth, and have me evacuate myself!

I think if you're at the range yes you would want to be concerned about the the people around you.
But in a gun fight situation .
Unless you are in a FIGHTING position with guys next to you .
Who cares .
But if you had to fire out of a car or in a building I would want the blast going down RANGE.
Towards the target

You realize this thread pertains to training right?

I always thought it was funny at the range Shooting when my gun would make people walk away.
Lol until it happen to me .
The guy next to me had a muzzle brake that was so loud.
I had to walk away.
Even with muffs on

Now picture four or five guys banging away around you, working barricades as such, it's a whole lot of suck.

Hey I recognize that display case!!

There is usually a super cool machine gun of the week sitting on top of it... oh the toys Wally gets to play with:rolleyes:.

Gators is where I bought my Cans too and wouldn't go anywhere else. Ben knows his $h*+ when it comes to getting the mountains of paperwork done right. I consider those boys family... best little gun shop in the state!

Yeah gators rocks!

You realize this thread pertains to training right?

Now picture four or five guys banging away around you, working barricades as such, it's a whole lot of suck.
Well that's kinda what I was talking about.
If you are law enforcement or something like that .
You will be training next to others .
Shoot house or car or even outside of a car you will be right next to each other.

I was never military or law enforcement.
the only thing I have is Range time with others.
or having my duck hunting buddy blast away at ducks over my head in a blind lol

Well it looks like I will need to buy some flash hiders for when I come out as most if not all my rifles have muzzle brakes on them. My LWRC SPR that is my goto has a pin and welded 3 prong flash hider on it tho so I am atleast good there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top