JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been thinking about one of these for my AR pistol .
I have a blast CAN on one of my AR PISTOLS.
and it works pretty good.
These are supposed to really good.
EXCEPT after you buy this you need a surefire muzzle brake to attach it to.
After all said and done 350 BUCKS.
Give or take a few dollars.SUREFIRE WARDON. opplanet-surefire-warden-blast-regulator-multi-caliber-black-warden-bk-main-1.jpg opplanet-surefire-warden-blast-regulator-multi-caliber-black-warden-bk-main-1.jpg

Like some one said . above
You won't have time to put in hearing protection.if you need your gun.
And like I said before in a few different threads.
I use the ferry system a lot around here .
And always have a pistol and a AR pistol in my truck on the ferry. WASHINGTON STATE FERRY'S are a death trap .
I never ever ever ever ever ever .
Go on a ferry unarmed.

I did some testing and found they do work. Recoil is minor without a break on an AR, so my testing was just for fun and relevant info. I did end up re- machining a J-comp to keep the muzzle flip down to nothing. I drilled the holes on top plus the slot at 1:00.

J Comp.jpg Chart-3.jpg PhredBreak2.jpg PhredBreak3.jpg

I could just buy a CAN.
But what would I use for the next year and half.
Waiting for my CAN .
and the smallest can is what 6 or 7 inches.

I could just buy a CAN.
But what would I use for the next year and half.
Waiting for my CAN .
and the smallest can is what 6 or 7 inches.

Canooter valve made by same company is not much bigger. Surefire mini is also pretty small.

Cans are very nice. I don't wamt one for every gun, as they are heavy. But a 5.56, .308/5.56, amd 300blk/9mm is a nice selection. Best flash hider you can get. With good recoil reduction. The barrel doesn't wiggle like it does with a brake, it feels like a laser.

I did some testing and found they do work. Recoil is minor without a break on an AR, so my testing was just for fun and relevant info. I did end up re- machining a J-comp to keep the muzzle flip down to nothing. I drilled the holes on top plus the slot at 1:00.

View attachment 552730 View attachment 552732 View attachment 552743 View attachment 552745

The issue is not whether they work but rather the obnoxious blast they create and the hazards it poses to others in close proximity.

The issue is not whether they work but rather the obnoxious blast they create and the hazards it poses to others in close proximity.
I think if you're at the range yes you would want to be concerned about the the people around you.
But in a gun fight situation .
Unless you are in a FIGHTING position with guys next to you .
Who cares .
But if you had to fire out of a car or in a building I would want the blast going down RANGE.
Towards the target

I always thought it was funny at the range Shooting when my gun would make people walk away.
Lol until it happen to me .
The guy next to me had a muzzle brake that was so loud.
I had to walk away.
Even with muffs on

I think if you're at the range yes you would want to be concerned about the the people around you.

That's the point of this thread.

But in a gun fight situation .
Unless you are in a FIGHTING position with guys next to you .
Who cares .
But if you had to fire out of a car or in a building I would want the blast going down RANGE.
Towards the target

One may not have the choice where you may need to use the rifle.

How about this? Much cheaper, same design.

Directional Muzzle Brake - Large Caliber
I have been thinking about one of these for my AR pistol .
I have a blast CAN on one of my AR PISTOLS.
and it works pretty good.
These are supposed to really good.
EXCEPT after you buy this you need a surefire muzzle brake to attach it to.
After all said and done 350 BUCKS.
Give or take a few dollars.SUREFIRE WARDON.View attachment 552731 View attachment 552731

Haven't tried it yet... but I got this on an Upper I bought last week...
They are even cheaper
F1734781-08C3-4CB5-899B-D35B519A8775.jpeg 60A47423-86FF-454A-88EE-8991F5681326.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top