JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for someone to strip and cerakote my 1911.
Not sure who is doing the service locally..
Looking for a 2 color fde and black
And before anybody says @Velzey , I sent a pm 10+ days ago w no reply, so time to look elsewhere.... any suggestions?

16765099256787786218204665084230.jpg

There's Buster Beaver in Wilsonville, they did a nice job on my 1301 mag extension...

sglight2.jpg

and Blazin Hydrographics and Cerakote in Oregon City, I've never used them. I also hear there is a top notch outfit next to Curt's

There's Buster Beaver in Wilsonville, they did a nice job on my 1301 mag extension...

View attachment 1366326

and Blazin Hydrographics and Cerakote in Oregon City, I've never used them. I also hear there is a top notch outfit next to Curt's
These (Blazin Hydrographics) are also the people Velzey uses for Cerakote. I had then do sone work for me and it was perfection, fast, and reasonable. They perfectly matched new uppers to lower receivers I had Cerakoted over ten years ago by another shop, includince the matte finish I wanted. I could not recommend them more highly.

Texted w @luckys and he is still doing cerakoting :s0005:
I appreciate the input guys!!!
Always nice to have a stocked shelf!!!

I recommend Duracoat over Cerakote; Cerakote is brittle and chips. I've applied both coatings and wouldn't use anything but Duracoat on a machine part.

These guys would disagree.

"For chemical, wear, weather, and scratch resistance in a thinner, more even layer, Cerakote applied by a certified applicator is the way to go. DuraCoat is a quick and easy "at home" process that produces results (when applied properly) comparable to high quality paint, and it takes forever to fully cure, which means you won't be shooting for a while."

These guys would disagree.

"For chemical, wear, weather, and scratch resistance in a thinner, more even layer, Cerakote applied by a certified applicator is the way to go. DuraCoat is a quick and easy "at home" process that produces results (when applied properly) comparable to high quality paint, and it takes forever to fully cure, which means you won't be shooting for a while."
They are 2 different animals. Duracoat is colored epoxy resin. It is not like a paint, way above that. It and cerakote are pretty much the top end, but they each have their own pros/cons.

I have an AR in .300BLK that I sprayed camo with krylon. It looks really good, but durability is what you expect. Since it's camo, I don't care about scratches.
The Glock I carry every day is rattle canned. Haha

1159A34F-F670-4D7C-972B-EF4C474FB186.jpeg

3-6 week cure time with Duracoat is a big negative. I have a few firearms that were cerakoted and they have been very durable and "wipe clean".

3-6 week cure time with Duracoat is a big negative. I have a few firearms that were cerakoted and they have been very durable and "wipe clean".
Don't you know you're supposed to be going for the "battle worn" look….. How are you gunna get there if the coating is durable? Hahaha.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top