JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I slightly misread the weather forecast and thinking I was catching the end of a slight drizzle into some clear skies, perfect for some birds, it rained. No, it poured!

I kept thinking "the rain should stop any second, hunting isn't easy suck it up" but after a couple hours of hiking and hiding I needed to turn around to get back by dark. I hadn't maxed out my rain jacket before but it was soaked to the bone by the end of my hike.

Boots did there job and thankfully I was wearing my bibs but I gotta say hands down most impressed with my shotgun. 2nd gun I ever purchased, Mossberg Flex 500 duck commander edition with cerakote od green. It has seen so much rain over the past couple years hunting here in Oregon and it is always so easy to clean. Even after getting caught in the rain and passing out and forgetting to clean it, it barely had any surface rust at all on some of the ejection port and slide bars BUT THAT WAS IT!

I seriously think I'm going to invest in getting my other guns done and maybe finishing off the Mossbergs other parts. I know it's what it's supposed to but I had never put it through anything close to that before.

On a different note. What's a good rain jacket that's also somewhat breathable? I love pit zips lol

Thanks for listening. What's your experience with cerakote besides just being pretty?

Good protection from scratches, rubs and can take that nice black phosphate finish and turn it into something more preferred.

I slightly misread the weather forecast and thinking I was catching the end of a slight drizzle into some clear skies, perfect for some birds, it rained. No, it poured!

I kept thinking "the rain should stop any second, hunting isn't easy suck it up" but after a couple hours of hiking and hiding I needed to turn around to get back by dark. I hadn't maxed out my rain jacket before but it was soaked to the bone by the end of my hike.

Boots did there job and thankfully I was wearing my bibs but I gotta say hands down most impressed with my shotgun. 2nd gun I ever purchased, Mossberg Flex 500 duck commander edition with cerakote od green. It has seen so much rain over the past couple years hunting here in Oregon and it is always so easy to clean. Even after getting caught in the rain and passing out and forgetting to clean it, it barely had any surface rust at all on some of the ejection port and slide bars BUT THAT WAS IT!

I seriously think I'm going to invest in getting my other guns done and maybe finishing off the Mossbergs other parts. I know it's what it's supposed to but I had never put it through anything close to that before.

On a different note. What's a good rain jacket that's also somewhat breathable? I love pit zips lol

Thanks for listening. What's your experience with cerakote besides just being pretty?
Only thing I've been able to wear for more than 4 hours that breathes is goretex.

I've had good success wearing a raincoat shell over a flannel liner - layers for the win. Coats made for sailing, like Helly Hanson, work really well as they anticipate water coming at you from every direction and are pretty durable. On the other hand, you don't see a lot of forest camo in boating clothes... :D

I've had good success wearing a raincoat shell over a flannel liner - layers for the win. Coats made for sailing, like Helly Hanson, work really well as they anticipate water coming at you from every direction and are pretty durable. On the other hand, you don't see a lot of forest camo in boating clothes... :D
Helly Hanson does not breath. I own one and it is essentially completely water proof. Yet it also keeps every drop of sweat on the inside of it, inside.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top