JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone looking to break the law (13 USC Sec. 221) and decline to respond to the Census? I am disinclined to agree with the rationale for it. It seems to be one way to identify reasons to justify federal spending on entitlement and other programs of which I am personally not in favor of. It's troubling to me that it is unlawful to decline to participate in it. Maybe others feel differently.

So, if you become sick or injured and lose your income, then you DON'T want your proper share of "entitlement" money? When you are old and want your Social Security retirement money, you're "not in favor of" getting your fair share of those entitlements? And you don't want your state to have its proper share of Federal school support money, or highway funds, or National Park maintenance, or etc., etc.?

And in the meanwhile, you don't want your state to have its proper number of Representatives in Congress to vote against things you are "not in favor of"?

Sure, better to not log in as an anonymous citizen, just to spite "THEM". Yah, spite is really important against "THEM". Now, if only citizens against "entitlements" would decline their share of them when their time comes.......................elsullo :cool:

I have no problem with some parts of the census and I do think it provides some necessary information, but does anyone know what the minimum required info is. I read thru my form yesterday and they ask a bunch of questions appear to be fishing for info to justify some kind of immigration reform. Putting my tinfoil hat on here.

Would it be considered non-compliance if I just replied as to how many people were at my location and what gender?

The only constitutional use for the census is to ensure the proper number of representatives to congress. Every other request for information that is tacked on has no basis in the constitution. IF I trusted that further information would be kept safe, and not abused, I would have no problem answering their questions. I DO NOT trust that this will be the case. The only way they will get any more information from me other than the number of residents at my home is to break out the rack for torture (it does seem that they are perfectly willing to go there based on a recent rash of presidential directives signed by both Bush and Obama). Once the trust is gone - it's gone. There is a website that goes into this issue in depth, and tells you how to avoid providing the requested information and avoid the fines. I will post it when I find it again. Basically the guy that did all the homework on the legality surrounding civil disobedience re:the census form makes the following recommendations: 1) Do not mutilate or otherwise disfigure the form. 2) Do not partially complete the form. 3) Do not fail to return the form. 4) Do not provide false information on the form. 5) DO attach a cover letter stating your objection to providing the requested information (he provides references to case law for you to include in your cover letter if you so desire).

Last Edited:
So, if you become sick or injured and lose your income, then you DON'T want your proper share of "entitlement" money? When you are old and want your Social Security retirement money, you're "not in favor of" getting your fair share of those entitlements? And you don't want your state to have its proper share of Federal school support money, or highway funds, or National Park maintenance, or etc., etc.?

And in the meanwhile, you don't want your state to have its proper number of Representatives in Congress to vote against things you are "not in favor of"?

Sure, better to not log in as an anonymous citizen, just to spite "THEM". Yah, spite is really important against "THEM". Now, if only citizens against "entitlements" would decline their share of them when their time comes.......................elsullo :cool:

I just feel that is my own responsibility to provide for my future in retirement, as well as in disability - not the government. I do not rely on social security as a means for existence when I retire, and I would much rather be responsible for deciding where and how that money is invested and by whom. I also don't feel that it is govenment's responsibility to provide education and determine what that consists of. I could go on about what I do and don't want the government to spend my money on, and I suspect that some we might all agree on, others not so.

By and large I personally feel the congressional representatives in place cover some facsimilie of the status quo, but are hobbled by a 2-party system, and not always representative of what my views are. It's hard for me to not be cynical about our federal legislative bodies.

I don't know that spite has anything to do with it, but I hope/prefer to be able to be independent of entitlements if/when my time comes. I would ratehr be personally accountable for what was done with that money in the interim.

I also suspect that in terms of determining numbers for a given congressional or other district/need that there are already demographics in place that would suffice versus the need for a complex bureaucracy.

Just my opinions.

I don't see a problem with it, filled it out, just haven't sent it out yet. All they ask is name DOB, gender and race. You really submit a whole lot more when you buy a registered gun or your CHL.

I don't see a problem with it, filled it out, just haven't sent it out yet. All they ask is name DOB, gender and race. You really submit a whole lot more when you buy a registered gun or your CHL.

I got the long form with a WHOLE lot more questions than that which don't seem to have anything to do with enumerating the poplulation.

good ideas. I'm answering the how many question and American. Any further racial profiling needs doing, government has other ways to get it.

The way I see it, the only purpose drilling down on racial profile is for redistricting - or in other words, selective representation and selective allocation of entitlements. I don't want the stinking entitlements. They are immoral.

good ideas. I'm answering the how many question and American. Any further racial profiling needs doing, government has other ways to get it.

The way I see it, the only purpose drilling down on racial profile is for redistricting - or in other words, selective representation and selective allocation of entitlements. I don't want the stinking entitlements. They are immoral.

PERFECT! +1 :s0155:

I don't know if anyone noticed that question number 1 (how many people in your home) is in it's own box with instructions and how to count the numer of people in your home. The rest of the questions are outside the box. They made a point to seperate them.

anyone notice radio ads for the census, about how you can be fined and/or face prosecution for not answering the census correctly? Of course the ad has the friendly sounding voice... what happens if you just don't send it in?

I'm fortunate enough to know my back ground so I included all 6 in there form just to be a smart ***. Cherokee, Choctaw, Blackfoot, German, Portuguese and Dutch lets see them file me under one thing!
I'm defiantly getting a call back.:s0114:

anyone notice radio ads for the census, about how you can be fined and/or face prosecution for not answering the census correctly? Of course the ad has the friendly sounding voice... what happens if you just don't send it in?

Father n' law did just that. Tossed it.

I'm sure he'll be getting a call or somebody will be stopping by to ask him those questions.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top