JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys do realize that the census is required by article 1, section 2 of the U.S. Constitution right?

The Constitution mandated the census solely for the purpose of assessing population for elections and nothing more? That means none of the questions in the "short form' beyond # of people in the household is required, and the "long form" is entirely illegitimate.

Seems like some of you need to take off the tin foil hats and get some air.

Your delusional trust in the government is amusing since the feds used census data to round up the Japanese in WW2.

The Constitution mandated the census solely for the purpose of assessing population for elections and nothing more? That means none of the questions in the "short form' beyond # of people in the household is required, and the "long form" is entirely illegitimate.

Your delusional trust in the government is amusing since the feds used census data to round up the Japanese in WW2.

You beat me to it.

So you think that refusing to fill out the census form is going to save you from a government round-up of some sort? If anything I think you are just going to bring more government attention to yourself by doing so. Maybe the big evil government is making a round-up list of people who refuse to answer the census... something to think about :)

It is used for a few good purposes like how many children in a region, which deems how much federal money to schools in that area. We fill out the bare minimum as my wife and I have all our adult lives have had security clearances on differant levels. So there is not a whole lot the man does not know about us.

But to each his own.

So you think that refusing to fill out the census form is going to save you from a government round-up of some sort? If anything I think you are just going to bring more government attention to yourself by doing so. Maybe the big evil government is making a round-up list of people who refuse to answer the census... something to think about :)

Never said it was going to "save" anyone, but since the government has proven itself to be totally untrustworthy, why should I comply with something that is entirely illegal and unconstitutional?

Also I'm pretty sure I'm on some sort of list because I own firearms, even though the govt promised they wouldn't use Form 4473 info for nefarious purposes, just like the census.

Never said it was going to "save" anyone, but since the government has proven itself to be totally untrustworthy, why should I comply with something that is entirely illegal and unconstitutional?

Also I'm pretty sure I'm on some sort of list because I own firearms, even though the govt promised they wouldn't use Form 4473 info for nefarious purposes, just like the census.

You mean just like the gov't promised the SS# would never be used as an identification #?

I remember reading all of this a few years ago, thinking wow how did it miss me.
I am sad to say that the American community survey is still ongoing.
Because I was told thru post cards that I must take it online, and I had not filled out online, I now have the long form.
I just flipped thru it and it left me feeling really angry with those asking...
Some stuff is private, some stuff is allready in their knowledge, and how the heck do I know what the property I live on is worth, or when it was built.
We Rent.

So can I really just tell them name, age, household size of my wife and I and be in the clear?

Right. It was that misuse of the census data that lead to Title 13 being added to the US code. This law prevents any public or private entity from having access to any personally identifiable census data.
And we all know that the government obeys their own laws.

That they don't keep or collect data they are not supposed to (cough *NSA* cough).

That they don't have secret laws and secret subpoenas and gag orders to keep people from talking about those subpoenas when they are served.

That they don't have secret courts, secret trials, secret police, secret prisons.

That they don't kidnap people and send them to those secret prisons to be tortured or send them to the prisons of other countries to be tortured there by those governments.

Yup - none of that is happening.

And if you believe that - I have some swamp - err uhh, nice dry land in Florida you would probably be interested in.

Oh, and BTW. If you think that Title 13 would prevent a repeat of the roundup of citizens of a given ethnicity again by using census data, take a look at this map:

http://www.coopercenter.org/demographics/Racial-Dot-Map

It has a dot on a nationwide map of each person of a given ethnicity - taken from the 2010 census data.

In time of emergency, it is a known fact that governments either ignore existing laws or quickly pass new laws giving the government sweeping new powers. Challenges in the courts take years, sometimes a decade or more, to get resolved, and the SCOTUS is still letting a lot of bad laws stand as is.

This happened after 9/11 and the result is where we are now with secret police (including putting a lot of LEOs under the DHS), secret laws, secret subpoenas, secret courts, secret trials, secret prisons, "extraordinary rendition" (kidnapping), torture and the huge expansion of government surveillance.

Government never lets an emergency pass without enacting some new set of laws to give government more power, and there are always a lot of people who are either ignorant of this fact or think it is just fine and dandy.

As far as not complying not doing anything - every little bit of resistance you can do without causing yourself harm is a good thing.

If the data is of no value to them, whether it is for confirming existing data or not, then why collect it? Obviously it is of value or they would not be collecting it. I see no reason or value to myself, in giving the government yet more information that will result in the government acquiring yet more power.

I want the government to have less power, less programs, less intrusion into my personal life and the lives of others.

Since the majority of people continue to vote for one head of the snake or the other:

Two-Headed-Snake-25893copy.jpg

My vote for libertarian and/or freedom/liberty minded candidates (where they exist) is almost always overwhelmed by the majority of sheeple.

So I have to do whatever else I can, no matter how little impact it has, to minimize the harm that the majority of people do to this country and to me personally.

I have never answered more than how many people were in my household.

Henry David Thoreau was right on the money when he published his 1849 essay called (Civil Disobedience) in which he proclaimed

"Individuals should not permit governments to overrule or atrophy their conscience, and that they have a duty to avoid allowing such acquiesce to enable the government to make them the agents of injustice."

"Because governments are typically more harmful than helpful, they therefore cannot be justified. Democracy is no cure for this, as majorities simply by virtue of being majorities do not also gain the virtues of wisdom and justice."

The judgment of an individual's conscience is not necessarily inferior to the decisions of a political body or majority, and so "it is not desirable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right.
The only obligation which I have a right to assume is to do at any time what I think right... Law never made men a whit more just; and, by means of their respect for it, even the well-disposed are daily made the agents of injustice."

Diamondback
It's people like you that make it necessary for USDA employees be provided with automatic weapons . . .

Sheldon
How so? The only thing growing on my property is trees, grass and more weeds than I'd like... No agricultural activity of any kind.

Oh, right... those weeds are what they think make good salads as "field greens". LOL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top