JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine this just for a moment...if you are capable of believing ANY government would actually do this...short of Nazi Germany....

Seriously.

http://tammybruce.com/2010/05/census-workers-can-enter-your-apartment-in-your-absence.html

Not a big fan of Bob Barr ( I find him odd) but a hat tip to him for this revelation in his column for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

…What many Americans don’t realize, is that census workers — from the head of the Bureau and the Secretary of Commerce (its parent agency) down to the lowliest and newest Census employee — are empowered under federal law to actually demand access to any apartment or any other type of home or room that is rented out, in order to count persons in the abode and for “the collection of statistics.” If the landlord of such apartment or other leased premises refuses to grant the government worker access to your living quarters, whether you are present or not, the landlord can be fined $500.00.

That’s right — not only can citizens be fined if they fail to answer the increasingly intrusive questions asked of them by the federal government under the guise of simply counting the number of people in the country; but a landlord must give them access to your apartment whether you’re there or not, in order to gather whatever “statistics” the law permits.

In fact, some census workers apparently are going even further and demanding — and receiving — private cell phone numbers from landlords in order to call tenants and obtain information from them. Isn’t it great to live in a “free” country?

Always a little suspicious of the Usual Suspects, I decided it would be prudent to find confirmation, i.e., the relevant code. Here it is via Cornell University Law School:

TITLE 13 > CHAPTER 7 > SUBCHAPTER II > § 223
§ 223. Refusal, by owners, proprietors, etc., to assist census employees

Bet this won't last long before one of the whiners demands it be closed. While the topic sets the stage for government control of it's citizens those on the left won't want people to talk about this or anything else that doesn't fit their agenda.

jj

When a census worker came to my place, (cause I didnt send in the questionare). I refused to answer any questions that didnt not pertain to the immediate situation. Most of the questions were fine but the ones I didnt answer were and are non of thier buisness! How much the house makes? How much of my income goes towards entertainment? How much to my bills? and questions like that. NONE YA!!

Terry

So, why not tell them how many people are living there? Are they going to steal your guns by knowing that 3 people live in your house?

That is the number that live in my house they need no more information then that. besides the census is rigged to stack the deck in fave of the liberals regardless of what is reported.

The 1968 gun control act required registration of all ammo bought that fit a handgun. Stores were required to keep a log of ammo bought and who bought it. Reason given was they wanted to stop crime with this information. Seems after 10 years of registering who bought ammo not one crime was solved with this information. They no longer register ammo but they know who bought it and the census lets them know exactly where you live and who lives with you.

Nothing to worry about LOL LOL

jj

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads