JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been using CCI primers all my reloading life. I've stayed away from all other primers...
until now. Shortages are forcing me to try other primers. I've been using Rem. 7 1/2 in
my .223/5.56 recipes. Holy smokes, the Remington's are much easier to use! I can if
I choose, skip the primer pocket uniform step. I still need to cut the crimp out, but
these Remington's slip right in the pocket with the hand primer.

Anybody else notice this slightly smaller primer cup?

Yes, the Remington 7 1/2 do seem to be slightly smaller in diameter than the CCI. I loaded the Remington 7 1/2 primers for years but have used them all and am now loading the Federal AR Match primers.

I notice the same "problem" while using my LEE hand primer tool with CCI vs Federal primers. The tool (and I) prefers Federals and Winchesters.

That all being said......
Be careful when switching components.

Miscellaneous Questions 4

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I've got a bunch of the Remmy 7 1/2 primers but haven't used them enough to feel there's a difference. Or I should say it's been long enough that I don't recall. I have read where people have in the past went to a different primer that seated more snugly once the pockets loosened up a little.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews