JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol I been driving a truck for 22 years now .
I have had so many CB radio it's not even funny.
Lol like I said before I had a really good set up.
Before but when I stopped going really long haul I sold it all

Dude that would be greatly appreciated.

I'll gladly pay or trade for it.

I'm in no hurry, just was out two weeks ago and got a bad taste in my mouth by one of the not so nice logging truckers.

There are a lot of nicer logging truckers out there, but this guy had a stick up his butt or something.

A buddy of mine just bought a large timber sale only to find that as soon as they started a neighbor spotted 3 blue herons, so he lost a significant amount of the harvest. Hope it wasn't him just after he found out.

Like he said above the fire stick antana is a good antana but most guys run two of them .I know you have seen big trucks on the highway with two antana leaning forward like BUG antana.they lean them like that because they are tuned .or matched to the radio .
If you just want to run one antana look at WILSON ANTANA they are kinda exspesive.
But can be turned by raising or lowering the tips .
They also make a magnet one

They need to be about 11' apart iand connected by a special cable n order to act like an array, otherwise you are far better off with a single antenna. Yes on the Firestik but make sure it's the model with the adjustable tip (screwdriver adjustment as opposed to cut and hope you didn't remove too much).

Since @Reno911 is interested in traffic ahead of him I suggest the antenna be mounted forward to get the best reception in that direction. Use a bumper mount if you get a longer antenna or a higher mount if a shorter one.

Last Edited:
A buddy of mine just bought a large timber sale only to find that as soon as they started a neighbor spotted 3 blue herons, so he lost a significant amount of the harvest. Hope it wasn't him just after he found out.

They need to be about 11' apart in order to act like a dipole, otherwise you are far better off with a single antenna. Yes on the Firestik but make sure it's the model with the adjustable tip (screwdriver adjustment as opposed to cut and hope you didn't remove too much).

Since @Reno911 is interested in traffic ahead of him I suggest the antenna be mounted forward to get the best reception in that direction. Use a bumper mount if you get a longer antenna or a higher mount if a shorter one.
Kill the birds problem solved.lol just kidding but not really they can relocate the birds but it cost money . remember the freekin owl that basically ended logging in the Pacific Northwest .
Yep never hear that anymore

There is a place up here that has a huge pond conecthion to the sound that they have nest built and the whole thing just for that bird the BLUE HARION .but one set up a nest in my tree

THIS tree and the other tree two trees in my yard it would go back and forth then I would not see it for weeks .
Then it would just show up . IMG_20180828_173848.jpg IMG_20180828_173854.jpg

Don't get me started on protected THINGS .
like sea lions this bird or that bird this fish or that .
Of course I know there needs to be a limit on stuff but .once it's protected it's protected for ever.
Now there are so many sea lions that they are effecting the salmon runs.
And I haven't even started to talk about the tribes and there fishing .birds are just the jump off point it goes really deep what you can and can't do .
You want to save the whales stop the tribes from fishing the Rivers with Gill nets . This argument can go on and on all day .
Up here people are going nuts because the killer whales are sick and dieing.
But there is NOTHING ABOUT THE TRIBES FISHING THE SALMON .
even though they know every salmon they catch in a net ACROSS THE RIVER .is one less salmon that will spawn for future return.

Actually, seriously, Blue Heron's are as common as pigeons. They can't just be shoo'd away?

It's more about politics than environment. When I lived in Idaho their "spotted owl" was (probably still is) the bull trout. It was endangered somehow yet it was present in every body of water. IIRC it wasn't even a native species, but anytime a special interest group wanted something stopped they would trot out the poor, poor, bull trout.

A good example was the "Jarbridge Bucket Rebellion" in the late 90'swhere people showed to fix a road that had washed out north of Jarbridge, NV. Under Bill Clinton there were attempts to cut off large areas of the western US frequently separating people from their property, and the Jarbridge river flowing north into Idaho was no exception. People showed up from all over the country and the angry Feds told them that if they found just one injured fish they would tear out the entire road. Middle finger extended the Bucket Brigade fixed the road.

I actually ran across this event by accident - I was driving from by then GF who lived in Twin Falls to my apartment in Boise. I was bored and decided to take a more interesting route home when out in the middle of nowhere I started running across news vans and a very large tent city.

It's more about politics than environment. When I lived in Idaho their "spotted owl" was (probably still is) the bull trout. It was endangered somehow yet it was present in every body of water. IIRC it wasn't even a native species, but anytime a special interest group wanted something stopped they would trot out the poor, poor, bull trout.

A good example was the "Jarbridge Bucket Rebellion" in the late 90'swhere people showed to fix a road that had washed out north of Jarbridge, NV. Under Bill Clinton there were attempts to cut off large areas of the western US frequently separating people from their property, and the Jarbridge river flowing north into Idaho was no exception. People showed up from all over the country and the angry Feds told them that if they found just one injured fish they would tear out the entire road. Middle finger extended the Bucket Brigade fixed the road.

I actually ran across this event by accident - I was driving from by then GF who lived in Twin Falls to my apartment in Boise. I was bored and decided to take a more interesting route home when out in the middle of nowhere I started running across news vans and a very large tent city.
Thanks I couldn't remember the stupid owls name . SPOTTED OWL .
THAT'S WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO .
that stupid owl was the down fall of a maintaining the forest .
Now we get huge WILD FIRES

@Reno911 if EPS can't find anything in his storage unit I have a nice Cobra 75 WX ST unit.

The control box sits hidden in the truck. You don't see anything but the head unit which is a combination mic/channel selector/volume control etc...

I have everything you need to install it in the truck. Cables, control box, head unit mounting bracket, antenna, antenna mounting bracket ... it's all here.

And you can have it. I tried to sell it on CL but no one came forward. I'd like to see it go to someone who can use it.

cb%2004_zps7pdoxxdg.jpg

cb%2003_zpsidfoouva.jpg

cb%2002_zpsdgoycynk.jpg

cb%2001_zpsjrb4uvkr.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class