JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My workshop/gunsmithing/reloading is inside a 30x48 metal building. Metal doors, no windows. FM reception is a bit spotty. I had an old FM/AM/ cassette sort of boombox that worked well, but it eventually died. The AM/FM/CD/shelf stereo I have now sucks if the doors are closed, even with an outside antenna. Any recommendations for a radio (really all I do is listen to FM) that has one heck of an antenna/tuner and works well inside a steel box?

I would run an old hi fi reciever setup that allows one to connect an external antenna and run that wire outside.

Also, for speaker setups I would suggest:
el-solitario-wall-of-sound18.jpeg

-Robert

I've always used old home stereos.
Run the antenna outside as stated above, if necessary.
Your location plays a part in the strength of the signal being received. If you are down in between 2 big azz hills, no bueno. Up on the crest of a hill, good to go.

Do you get internet in there? If so streaming is the simple way to go. If no net and FM is working fine outside the shop? Just use an antenna outside as others suggested. If say the radio in your vehicle gets reception that you can live with? Its super cheap and simple to add an antenna outside the shop.

FYI: modern radios place very little emphasis on tuner performance these days.

So, if reception is difficult to get, it'll be near impossible with the typical modern receiver.

Find a stereo setup from the 70's or early 80'on craigslist, something like pioneer, Yamaha, Sony, marantz, realistic, etc.... Those are from the era of good tuners. Just make sure it still works!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top