JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay guys and gals, I need your input. I trust this forum reaches a broad cross-section of people and tastes.

Hosting a catered event for 3-4 dozen in a few weeks and I'm looking for a good place in/around SW Portland/Beaverton/Tigard area to pick up big pans of pre-arranged food for a buffet style deal in a big home.

We're not looking for hoity-toity watercress sandwiches with the crusts trimmed off. Just a good feed for friends.

Not afraid to pay up for quality. And unique is cool.

Open to Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Hawaiian, and whatever creative ideas you might all suggest. Thanks in advance for weighing in (pun intended).

KFC! only half kidding

Only you know your situation but me, I'd take it as a challenge and rent a big arse BBQ rig and go with pork butts, chickens, sausages, corn on the cob, yada yada. Or few huge cauldrons of seafood gumbo, cornbread and some other added victuals.
You might look into hiring a chef and a slave/helper if you have the facilities and say "do this/make this happen".. (beforehand so they can procure the goods).
Anyway, sounds exciting.

Okay guys and gals, I need your input. I trust this forum reaches a broad cross-section of people and tastes.

Hosting a catered event for 3-4 dozen in a few weeks and I'm looking for a good place in/around SW Portland/Beaverton/Tigard area to pick up big pans of pre-arranged food for a buffet style deal in a big home.

We're not looking for hoity-toity watercress sandwiches with the crusts trimmed off. Just a good feed for friends.

Not afraid to pay up for quality. And unique is cool.

Open to Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Hawaiian, and whatever creative ideas you might all suggest. Thanks in advance for weighing in (pun intended).
What time do you want us over for the Super Bowl party??? :p I'll bring the Artichoke Dip and @Stomper..... :rolleyes:

I'm a traditionalist. Super Bowl would be grilled hot dogs and a pot of melted Velveeta with chili con carne for chips.

It's actually a small wedding reception. We're trying for close to SW Portland so a niece or nephew can pick up the food nearby on their way over. We have volunteers.

I ate at Buster's once and was ambivalent. But a few years later I had some at a reception and it was pretty good.

Tried some Italian at a local caterer's last night that was good (lasagna, cannelloni and fettuccine). Almost too filling, so we're second guessing that.

This summer my dad hosted a wedding at his place. The grooms brother has some sort of a food truck or something in Portland. He did some damn fine grilled/marinated chicken stuff that apparently he does rather well off with it.

I'm trying to find the name of him or his place to send it down the pipe.

I say @Stomper because I always wanted to meet a legend....
You mean a "fragile"..

th?&id=OIP.HJmJaqevsPXtT0CqtGIXxwEsDI&w=299&h=199&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

For Mexican we just Hadith Por Que No cater an event and it was a cut above VERY good and not average. They spice like a fancy restaurant. Very mature flavored. More like Rick Bayless Mexican. They have a vegitarian roast veggies that should be a part of what you order. Their salsa are excellent.

For German food call edelweiss they are authentic and fantastic. German is off the beaten track and quite good.

Good luck

Delilah's Catering

I've worked for this gal for near thirty years and know her well. I believe she's been in the biz most all of that. A couple of years ago she passed the torch to her daughter that had been working for her for years, and now just helps out somewhat part time. Linette (Mom) has a small New Years Eve party, 25 people maybe, every year that her and daughter Heather put up a huge table of all kinds of food imaginable. From plain old wraps of sorts, hot wings, and up to canape's with caviar and home made lox. Every bit of it is excellent.

I'd never looked before but their Yelp reviews are excellent.
Delilah's Catering - Montavilla - Portland, OR

Edit: If you happen to call them, tell her that Linnete's yard guy Mike put you on to them!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top