JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Remington 870 with a folding stock and a couple of large pistols with buffer tubes on them. I have cases that fit some of them in a pinch, but haven't had much luck finding one that fits them well. Has anyone found a nice hard sided case that would fit an AR pistol or folding shotgun or AK? Have you had a custom case made? If so, were there any features that really appealed to you?

Hard sized case, as in case you can travel with? Yeah, Pelican seems to be the gold standard.

I hear also Seahorse cases are good. I bought a Plano case on Amazon that was on sale and so far it's been great:

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Weather...d=1456129596&sr=1-5&keywords=plano+rifle+case

As far as daily use, I think I prefer soft cases. I recently discovered that a padded tenor ukele case in a perfect fit for an AK with a folding stock. =)

511 select carry sling bag.
Works for 21 inches OAL.
Google it, a very nice set up.

Mine ar measures 17" OAL
Hers is 20.5 and they both fit.

Sorry.... just saw you want a HARD case. The sling bag is Soft. And looks like a book/ computer bag.

20151004_103810.jpg

Last Edited:
other companies besides pelican are storm case, hardigg, SKB.

there's only a few plano models that i would trust and usually spend alot of time trying to figure out which ones are legit and which ones are trash...most are trash...just make sure you look at the latch points,types of latches, case thickness and reinforcement around the lip.

Hard sized case, as in case you can travel with? Yeah, Pelican seems to be the gold standard.

I hear also Seahorse cases are good. I bought a Plano case on Amazon that was on sale and so far it's been great:

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Weather...d=1456129596&sr=1-5&keywords=plano+rifle+case

As far as daily use, I think I prefer soft cases. I recently discovered that a padded tenor ukele case in a perfect fit for an AK with a folding stock. =)

I have the Plano too. The only thing I don't care for is the center latch being in the middle of the carry handle:rolleyes:. It seems plenty sturdy.

Cabelas has a hardshell case thats quite compact compared to the larger full sized rifle cases, however its still on the large side. Retail its $99.99-$89.99

Why on earth they dont make range bags and hard shell cases to fit an AK side folder, especially with these new magpul stocks is beyond me.. Someone could make a fortune making affordable, compact, discrete, hardshell cases or thick 23-25" cotton type range bags.

Voodoo makes the "Enlarged scorpion range bag".

Maybe I'm just cheap... Those $30 hard cases at BiMart have and do work perfect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top