JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
well I'm heading back to college this year after 3 years away from classes. only thing that's changed is that I'm a CPL holder now. well as to be expected the school has policy that only crazy people may carry. no legal guns allowed.

so I figure; it's better to be alive and expelled then dead.
I don't feel like waiting for the police, who only wait behind cover till the shooter runs out of ammo before making a move.

any one else feel this way, or am I alone?

well I'm heading back to college this year after 3 years away from classes. only thing that's changed is that I'm a CPL holder now. well as to be expected the school has policy that only crazy people may carry. no legal guns allowed.

so I figure; it's better to be alive and expelled then dead.
I don't feel like waiting for the police, who only wait behind cover till the shooter runs out of ammo before making a move.

any one else feel this way, or am I alone?

I was a student for the last three years (and possibly two more at a different school) and I carried every day. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Since it is not against the law the worst they can do is ask you to leave. I know that is not good for your education but no legal problems.

Since it is not against the law the worst they can do is ask you to leave. I know that is not good for your education but no legal problems.

+1. It is legal to carry on any "public university". Oregon State University even has a Second Amendment week every year and provides a free concealed carry class to all students.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

I carried as a grad student at UW, but nobody knew it but me. In fact, nothing has changed--nobody knows I'm packing a rod except me and I like to keep it that way, especially in Seattle.

Why even ask?
If you are committed to protecting yourself and your loved ones, and you exercise common sense, you'd be surprised how few places you can not carry!

Why even ask?
If you are committed to protecting yourself and your loved ones, and you exercise common sense, you'd be surprised how few places you can not carry!

I'm not asking if I should. I will carry. I'm asking cause I'm curious to know how many other people do and what their thoughts are on the issue.

I carried all through college and on the street for 10 years in commiefornia without a permit. My life is more important than some stupid libtard law

tell me more about this...

<broken link removed>

We even raffled a ar-15 rifle as a fundraiser for the College Republicans. Link

As to carrying on a university..
ORS 166.370: Possession of firearm or dangerous weapon in public building or court facility; exceptions; discharging firearm at school.
(1) Any person who intentionally possesses a loaded or unloaded firearm or any other instrument used as a dangerous weapon, while in or on a public building, shall upon conviction be guilty of a Class C felony.
(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:
(d) A person who is licensed under ORS 166.291 and 166.292 to carry a concealed handgun.
Here is the link

Public Buildings are defined in the following...
ORS 166.360 Definitions for ORS 166.360 to 166.380. As used in ORS 166.360 to 166.380, unless the context requires otherwise:
(4) "Public building" means a hospital, a capitol building, a public or private school, as defined in ORS 339.315, a college or university, a city hall or the residence of any state official elected by the state at large, and the grounds adjacent to each such building. The term also includes that portion of any other building occupied by an agency of the state or a municipal corporation, as defined in ORS 297.405, other than a court facility.

I'm not asking if I should. I will carry. I'm asking cause I'm curious to know how many other people do and what their thoughts are on the issue.

I am an OC advocate, but in this case, conceal as best as can be done. It is not against the law to carry on a campus in WA state, shown by that there is one Community College that even allows OC, but the rest of the colleges and universities in WA have administrative rules against carry. They can make life difficult for you through those rules.

Personally, I think the rules are only there becasue no-one has challenged them in court. The Regents are given the power to regulate the activities of the school for "the health and safety of the students" this is what they stand on when asked, how, as a governmental agency, they think they can ban firearms. If you read everything available, and each school is different, you will see how they come to that particular school's "ban". The most they can do is expell you (and possibly hold your grades.)

At the UW, if I remember correctly, the professors and staff are also prohibited from carry, but not so at WSU where only the students are specifically forbidden to carry. Read the specific RCW and the WAC for the school you plan on attending.

I understand.
For me it is simple; If I have clothes on I am carrying.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews