JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a follow up video to the one I did about carrying a firearm under light clothing. Many people felt it was the pattern of the shirt helping to conceal the gun. I also heard from a few people that felt I skewed the circumstances to favor a revolver and did not show how other types of guns would have fared. I try to address those issues and well as the importance of "redirection" in cooperation with concealment.

YouTube -Carrying a firearm under just a t-shirt

It's a fine video but it isn't going to work for someone who is height/weight proportional. Notice the guy says 'big hairy gut'; an attribute not everyone has to help conceal a firearm.

I agree with mcathcart...it is an issue that perhaps can be "overthought". I carry a j frame under a tee shirt in an iwb holster and looks it pretty inconspicuous to me, and probably the rest of the world...

How concerned are you if your gun prints under your shirt?
As for me I say "Who cares?" Most non CHL citizens wont know what that lump is anyhow. And if they do... So what?

This.
I've been pocket carrying a mini-9, and all you need is something to break up the outline--a bit of thin cardboard does it. It's a lump that isn't your wallet, and people who know what to look for might see it if they bother to look, but no one else will.
The most important thing is looking good: dress nicely, smile, and stay fit. If you look sketchy people will assume you're dangerous without even knowing about your gun.
Also, avoid tacticLOL clothing unless it actually looks decent with a dress shirt.

You are NOT showing people how to conceal a gun wearing just a t-shirt as you're clearly also wearing pants. Thus this video is of little instructional value for me. :D

First,I live in an open carry state and if I do feel the need to carry,I don't much care about printing.
Second,a button down shirt is way more comfortable and conceals a hand gun better.
Or get a size bigger or longer than you need as to 'blouse' the t shirt out more if you feel awkward.
Pocket holsters are great too.In your cargo pants with huge pockets.

I'll need to think about this more if I see a reason to start carrying full time.

Nope, he asked for it. Now where did I put that camera with the wide angle lens. :)

Here it is...

smiley_emoticons_kilroy_sofa2.gif

stereo_microscope.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class