JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shoot the open to the public matches at Douglas ridge practical pistol matches that I believe are same rules as USPSA. I shoot a Staccato xl with open sites in limited class. Almost every one that has a optic without a comp and 140mm mags using flared magwell run in carry optics class

Thank you for your information and assistance. Yes it will be my first time though I'm not ready yet , I'll have to re-subscribe to USPSA come January and I'm still researching belts and holsters and I'll need some mag pouches. I've already ordered blue bullets to load and if I'm not mistaken I won't need to chronograph my loads for CO's though I am going to purchase a chronograph for when I do get to that point
If you've not yet purchased your comp pistola holster & or magazine holsters, might I suggest this comp pistola holster, with optics cutout, & the Bulldog magazine holsters. Blackhawk serial sportster holster L2 retention. I paid $25/30 on sale. Magazine holsters were $30ish not on sale.
Got both at sportsman's warehouse.

20240212_095419.jpg 20240212_095400.jpg 20240209_105032.jpg 20240211_123701.jpg 20240211_123734.jpg

^^^I would definitely not recommend the above shown holster for two reasons. The first is that it is a paddle holster. you want something that weaves through your belt with closed loops. Secondly, the Serpa style retention holsters have been banned by many instructors, range officers and just generally disliked by many because to activate the release, you must press that button that is conspicuously close to the trigger well. Most competition shooters do not use active retention holsters anyways. You will be Dq'd if you drop your gun or if it falls out of your holster, though. If you want a retention holster, get the gold standard-a Safariland.

As an update from my previous posting of this thread I have now purchased a new P320 X5 legion, black scorpion gear belt, mag pouches and holster. I ordered an Sig optic to mount on my X5 but discovered after receiving it that it's not compatible with the X5 so I returned it. I'm curious if any other Sig owners of the X5 legion know which optics are compatible with this slide cut? I posted this question on an Sig group on FB and again got listed as on restricted status with the left wing liberal FB!

The Romeo 1Pro and Deltapoint Pro use the same footprint and are direct mount (no plate needed). I'm sure there are adaptor plates out there that allow for other optic footprints to be used, but I've never deviated from the two red dots above.

^^^I would definitely not recommend the above shown holster for two reasons. The first is that it is a paddle holster. you want something that weaves through your belt with closed loops. Secondly, the Serpa style retention holsters have been banned by many instructors, range officers and just generally disliked by many because to activate the release, you must press that button that is conspicuously close to the trigger well. Most competition shooters do not use active retention holsters anyways. You will be Dq'd if you drop your gun or if it falls out of your holster, though. If you want a retention holster, get the gold standard-a Safariland.
The Blakhawk Omnivore holster comes with a belt loop attachment as well as a paddle attachment that appears to be the same as in the pictured above. They are very large with 3 very sturdy "hooks" that can be adjusted to fit a wide range of common belt widths.

I've ran the Omnivore in several USPSA/IDPA matches and never worried about if it was going to fall off my belt (it's very secure). The Omnivore also uses a "push down" thumb activated lever for retention, so none of the drawbacks of the Serpa release nonsense.

The Omnivore is a solid general purpose holster. If someone was looking to "dip their toes" into USPSA and was comfortable with level two retention, then the Omnivore could be a decent option to start with. If someone was confident that they were going to shoot USPSA matches on a regular basis, then by all means, go out and get a proper competition rig setup up. YMMV :)

The Romeo 1Pro and Deltapoint Pro use the same footprint and are direct mount (no plate needed). I'm sure there are adaptor plates out there that allow for other optic footprints to be used, but I've never deviated from the two red dots above.
Hey thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out tomorrow

I prefer the location of the control buttons of the Romeo 1Pro over the DeltaPoint Pro's center button. It's bit of a pain as it's proximity to the window leaves a possibility of smudges while using the button……

I had a Deltapoint Pro on mine for a while and really didn't like the single button. Since all my other guns have Romeo3s on them, I ended up getting an optic plate from Springer Precision to mount the R3XL. The plate is thin, less than 1/4", and does everything you'd want a plate to do, i.e., it holds the optic. https://shop.springerprecision.com/p320-x-compact-x-five-m17-legion-burris-mount/
That's strange, pretty sure the Romeo 3 was the one I returned as Springer didn't have a plate to fit between the two. I'll have to double check my Midway account to confirm which model it was.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top