JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last time we went to Regal Cinema, both the wife and I carried Glocks, but the little 15yrd old gal wanted to briefly look into her purse to see if she had "mace"....we then went in, found our seats, and estimated the distance to each entrance just in case.

More likely wanted to make sure you weren't smuggling in Theater candy from Dollar Tree....;)

Im not saying I abide by it haha.
Im saying we need to burn those policies to the ground by bringing up personal safety and business accountability.

Why push it when concealed carry can be achieved if you truely carry concealed? Is your purpose to get local. or state government to come up with a law? If you make enough noise about it I suspect local news will follow and get local citizens to weigh in. If you happen to be in a very liberal community guess what the elected politicians will hear? Then guess what kind of laws will get generate to appease citizens so they can keep their career job? Why not just be quiet as long as there is no law and do what you feel comfortable doing?

Went to my first movie in a Theater in over a year last week. Regal in O.C. to see the new Star Wars. I carried. No one asked to frisk me or even look in my wife's purse. I carry anywhere it is not specifically forbidden by law (such as a courthouse). Concealed means concealed.

Last time we went to Regal Cinema, both the wife and I carried Glocks, but the little 15yrd old gal wanted to briefly look into her purse to see if she had "mace".
It is only Regal that has these stories coming out of it. Searching purses (and not frisking guys) is so sexist as to be totally offensive. Some Regal Cinemas have decided that their form of security theater is going to entail searching women's bags. Of concealed carriers (AKA good guys), how many carry not only in their purse but loose in the main compartment? That is, like, the worst form of carry ever invented!! At least have it in a holster in a dedicated compartment of the purse.

Of people who carry into theaters, I would bet more than 90% carry on body. And Regal is ignoring those. Security theater before ever going into the movie theater!!!

Why push it when concealed carry can be achieved if you truely carry concealed? Is your purpose to get local. or state government to come up with a law? If you make enough noise about it I suspect local news will follow and get local citizens to weigh in. If you happen to be in a very liberal community guess what the elected politicians will hear? Then guess what kind of laws will get generate to appease citizens so they can keep their career job? Why not just be quiet as long as there is no law and do what you feel comfortable doing?

Especially when the legislature is controlled by a bunch of rabid anti-gun demokkkRats.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fine, I will rock the micro desert eagle ugggg. I knew Regal liked plastic way to much when they switched from foam.

Lol on another theater note, I got to blind some kids a few months back while Ted 2 was out (yeah yeah). About 6 16-17 year olds were making a huge rukus, my buddy said something and one tried to get crazy stand up curse, flail arms and just about when my buddy was about to pimp slap....
I hit him from 2ft with my surefire E1D with fresh 4.2 volts of 300 lumens. He screamed and sat back down "he blinded me". Saved a kids life. They really got scared when the usher finally came down and said is there a problem and we said no problem here all is well. Dam punks,we weren't that bad were we? Here is the surefire and my alternate carry because 92 ain't cool haha. DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Last Edited:
Showed restraint and diffused the situation. I'd have dumped my Coke on the little sheet and then went out and complained enough to the manager to get the whole group kicked out.

Yea, I can be a real SOB and get malicious when subjected to idiocy.

Good on you - I'll have to try and remember this story for future movie events:)

Fine, I will rock the micro desert eagle ugggg. I knew Regal liked plastic way to much when they switched from foam.

Lol on another theater note, I got to blind some kids a few months back while Ted 2 was out (yeah yeah). About 6 16-17 year olds were making a huge rukus, my buddy said something and one tried to get crazy stand up curse, flail arms and just about when my buddy was about to pimp slap....
I hit him from 2ft with my surefire E1D with fresh 4.2 volts of 300 lumens. He screamed and sat back down "he blinded me". Saved a kids life. They really got scared when the usher finally came down and said is there a problem and we said no problem here all is well. Dam punks,we weren't that bad were we? Here is the surefire and my alternate carry because 92 ain't cool haha. View attachment 272152
Those teenagers behavior is a direct result of:
1) no discipline at home
2) no respect taught at home
3) lax or unengaged parents

Great tactic, I'll need to remember this for future reference, use my carry light to
Dilate their pupils...

I love the fact the theaters were searching woman's purses and I walk right through...

<broken link removed> , KING5.com 12:17 p.m. PST January 22, 2016
TWEETLINKEDIN 434 COMMENTEMAILMORE
RENTON, Wash. – A man who police say shot and critically wounded a woman inside a movie theater in Renton Thursday night is in custody. The victim was upgraded to serious condition Friday morning.

The shooting happened shortly after 8 p.m. at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing.

Renton police say the suspect, who appeared intoxicated, went to the showing of "13 Hours." Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman is being treated at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Police believe the suspect initially left the scene right after the shooting, but the man's father called 911 a short time later to turn him in. The 29-year-old surrendered to police at his family's home in Newcastle.

The suspect told detectives the shooting was an accident that took place when he dropped his gun. The man reportedly said the gun fired when it fell to the ground. He also said he'd been drinking before the shooting.

Renton police said the suspect had a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

1590249_Still.jpg
Police are looking for a man who they say walked inside the Regal Cinemas with a gun and accidentally shot a woman. KING

1590249_Still.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top