JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger LC9S, which is noted for its great trigger and is not expensive. I find mine easy to get rounds on target, largely because of this trigger I think. The smaller the gun, the more important a good trigger is. I hate long, heavy trigger pulls.

I tried carrying a Glock 23 (same size as the G19) for a while, but it was too thick and blocky for my taste.

Last Edited:
Sig 938 - this is a great single stack 9mm with real sights. This is what I use when I care more about concealment than capacity. That's saying something because my preferred carry gun is a full size glock. Put some rubber Hogue grips on the 938 and you're done.

I generally roatate between a Glock 43, Glock 19, a CZ P10c, or a Ruger LCP 2. Most of the time I opt for the Glock 43 but there are better options out there. I wish I would've loved the P365 more. It really is a comfortable neat pistol.

As an old revolver shooter, I understand how you feel about a lousy trigger. I carried revolvers for more than 3 decades on the job and spent a few years trying out a variety of handguns before settling on the all-metal DAO Smith & Wesson Model 3953 for my EDC three years ago.

A major reason for my choice was the 3953's trigger which is staged to a half-cocked position once a round is chambered and is a smooth stroke just like my S&W Model 19-4. The solid shooting grip I can achieve with the Model 3953 is another reason for selecting it over many other options.

I carry it in an IWB Don Hume H715-M holster. Loaded the entire setup weighs exactly 32 ounces and the gun disappears under a t-shirt. During the hot, humid coastal NC summers, I wear a sleeveless Hames X-Temp gray T-shirt under my outer shirt choice. The 3953 conceals well and I often forget I'm wearing it.

The parts for these Gen3 Smiths are still available from a number of sources for a replacement if needed.

Good luck on your hunt for a new carry gun!

You can get them in a Mans caliber to. :D

View attachment 700656

.45?

SIG makes beautiful guns and as a previous machinist I appreciate the work they put into their guns. But weight + Capacity just puts them out for me.

EDC is a tool for me so it needs to be able to bring Light weight, capacity with reliability and simplicity of going bang no matter what. G43 or G48 depending on where and what I am doing. G20SF for OWB woods carry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top