JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently have an SCCY 1 9mm pistol. I I had hoped to use it as a carry gun but it has got the worst trigger pull of any firearm I have ever used. I guess that is what to expect when you go cheap. Looking for suggestions on compact or sub compact 9mm pistol that have a decent trigger pull. As this is to be a carry gun I have no problem with a single stack mag. I could rent various pistols to try out but that does get a little expensive. The SCCY has a very heavy and a very long trigger pull. For an old revolver shooter that just isn't acceptable. It would be nice to have a starting point by eliminating those that others have found to have this same problem. Thanks

I carry a Glock 19 gen 5 that shoots extremely well. Much better than either gen 2 or 3.

Other times I'll carry a Smith and Wesson model 36.

Both have acceptable triggers and are easy to carry with the right holster and belt.

I like my kimber micro 9, S&W M&P compact, and I was surprised that the Taurus G2 had a very nice trigger. My G2 and M&P are .40 but should be same in 9mm. of course these are for summer carry in winter a Kimber full size CDP.

Last Edited:
M&P Shields 2.0, good triggers on the Gen 2's.

S&W M&P Compact 2.0 - ditto

Kimber Micro 9mm, if your into 1911 style mechanics, very good trigger...

Springfield 911 .380 - 1911 style, pretty smooth trigger and good sights too...

Well you could slick up the trigger on the gun you have.
Get a Glock 32 like I carry and slick up the trigger on that [I'm not picky. Factory works for me].

Or maybe try something with a good factory trigger like one of the Sig 229 legion offerings.
Heck these days there are endless choices.

Listen ............ You're about to hear them.

If size and budget aren't issues, highly recommend the Sig P229 line, my M11 derivative...

288180CF-8D1E-4410-BC18-9A368046D1E2.jpeg

You could visit some local gun stores, share your requirements as stated above, and ask for their recommendation. Then, when their permission in advance, dry fire the recommended pistol to see how it fits your hand and whether the trigger pull meets your expectation.

Consider (not in any particular order)......

Weight
Caliber
Size Concealability
Sights
Safety or No Safety
Last Round Slide Lock or Not
Magazine Release Position
Beautiful Looks
Trigger Pull and Reset
Accuracy
Capacity
Holster Availability
Ease of Use-Manual of Arms
Field Strip and Cleaning Routine
Replacement Parts and Accessories
Mfns Reputation. Quality, Service
Cost
And, .I never even touched on a person's physical "limitations."
Yeah....enough already.

Rrrrright.... Because finding MY perfect. Is probably not gonna be like finding YOUR perfect. See how that works?

Aloha, Mark

PS....interesting to note that you mentioned your current carry piece was a "SCCY 9mm." Dare I say....."Micro-sized." So, I assumed, that you would be looking to replace it with another "like-sized" firearm.

But, a lot of the suggestions were for "bigger/more like belt carry sized holster firearms."

As it was once said by the famous actress, Mae West......

"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Last Edited:
P365 is the end all carry gun if you really need it concealed. It's small, high capacity, and has a great trigger/sights. I've carried a lot of 9s, and the p365 is the winner.

In the end the P365's grip was too small for my hands.
Which is the reason I went with a Kahr CW45. Small frame, full grip and easily carried IWB. I've been carrying it for the last four years or so with a Verscarry Zero Bulk holster. It comes in 9mm, 40, 45 and 380. Priced competitively, made in the USA. My CW45 also takes 1911 magazines.

Loved the p365. Carried it for a couple of months. Finally had to go back with my old g26. Just not enough in the "pro" column to outweigh the tried and true. Still highly recommend the p365 though.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews