JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is everyone carrying (for pistols) for a BoB or edc cleaning kit? Specifically I'm trying to figure out what the minimum to carry might be. I currently have a boresnake, solvent, oil, and patches in a waterproof, hard sided case.

I need to get a range cleaning kit for my AR10 and that will serve as its mobile it.

Last Edited:
None currently.

Amidst a beyond "normal" SHTF, a rod maybe, but a snake, brush, wicks and a tiny lube bottle. More for long guns rather than pistols.

Note: if your "planned" full-size beyond "normal" SHTF sidearms fit US military surplus flap holsters, many have a rod sleeve, and may even include the rod. Those holsters are great for protecting the sidearm, but not so great for smoothly presenting them though.

So may be a thought to use if you & yours are planning on trying to get a bunch of work done while being armed. "Easy" to set up grab and go belts using them as well. Handy to have for guests whom may have had to BO to you and yours without there own necessities.

Practice "a bunch" if you plan to go with them though...

I carry and Otis cleaning kit with round patches but I also have some 12 gauge shotgun patches that I cut in quarters as well. For a handgun you do not need to use the Otis round cleaning pads either especially in a "bug out" situation.

https://www.amazon.com/Otis-Technologies-Cleaning-Professional-Package/dp/B07L7BHBTF

Also if you buy an Otis clean kit be sure you put the round swab on correctly too. They sell two different pads. One for .22 and larger pads for a handgun/shotgun.

Last Edited:
I have boresnake patches, boresnakes, a bottle of cherry balmz field grease and CLP, and some punches.

I have used a stick to clear a jammed case before.

I carry most of a Kleenbore kit in an USGI M16 cleaning kit pouch, usually attached to the range bag, or inside one that doesn't have attachment points.
Basically sectional rod, bore brushes (.22-9mm size), some patches, a small piece of microfiber, small bottle of oil, and a brush.

Detail happens at home with other things but leaving the house, along with a multi tool, I bring this small package which has always resolves any issues I have had. And regardless of the steel detractors I have never messed up a bore or crown
IMGP1201.JPG
I add some shotgun brushes when appropriate otherwise they stay at home. IMGP1202.JPG

I carry the cleaning kit separately from my tactical range bucket. The car is close by. You mileage may vary if you are in the backwoods.

+1 to the list(s) above.

I want to have tools to take apart what I am shooting. An AR that might mean you use a bullet & leatherman.
But for many others, that includes a torx or hex key, screw driver.

I also like to have a mat - a garbage bag will work in a pinch. (or your half-tent, poncho, floor liner)

I have had more need for access to batteries and tightening sight mounts than for gun maintenance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top