JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I commuted 50 mi each way between Riverside and Long Beach, DPRK on a Yamaha SR-500 (1985-'88) and I got an average 2 or 3 serious scares a week. I saved about 1/2 hr. in normal traffic and increasing time saved with greater traffic density. On Fri. night it could take >2 hr. in the cage. So, a bike allows the cops to have somebody on scene faster than would be the case with a car.
I had the same thought about sending a bike to deal with a car. The car driver doesn't need a gun, his vehicle is his weapon. The radio said that there was another unit on the way, so the bike cop could have backed off a bit and kept sight of the fleeing Orc.
I really admired the cop's gunhandling - that was awesome!

Shooting at a cop is pretty much prima facie articulable lethal threat -- even in California. Return fire absolutely justified. Bonus: One less thug to rob, carjack, rape, and kill innocent people.
Agree. Even famous cases such as newhall incident and Miami dade there were many times when the perps were temporarily "running away" which was really to find a better spot/cover to continue shooting cops.

I commuted 50 mi each way between Riverside and Long Beach, DPRK on a Yamaha SR-500 (1985-'88) and I got an average 2 or 3 serious scares a week. I saved about 1/2 hr. in normal traffic and increasing time saved with greater traffic density. On Fri. night it could take >2 hr. in the cage. So, a bike allows the cops to have somebody on scene faster than would be the case with a car.
I had the same thought about sending a bike to deal with a car. The car driver doesn't need a gun, his vehicle is his weapon. The radio said that there was another unit on the way, so the bike cop could have backed off a bit and kept sight of the fleeing Orc.
I really admired the cop's gunhandling - that was awesome!
Deinitely hit the target in a high stress situation from... at lest 50 feet?

Sure. That happens to anyone on a moto, however. Risk assumed. Why I don't ride any more. Too many close calls.
Same here. It wasn't near as bad 20 or so years ago but the dramatic increase in traffic has definitely increased the risk.

I Sold my last MC a few years ago. Also too short of riding season in Central Oregon - and it's probably better here than say, in the 'Valley' considering the rain.

Bike just seems like a poor choice for Cops doing anything.
1619375668631.png

I watched that a couple times and my "guess" is maybe it was a toy. Guessing the reason the guy went for the kid is he spotted it was not a real gun. It was the only reason I could see that the 2nd scum did not even attempt to go for the gun laying there in the street and they ran off and left it.
I agree, sounded like a toy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top