JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have always been teased about the fact that as soon as I get something I have always wanted I start thinking about what I want next. Until now I have always been able to go through my pistols and find the one that I was willing to part with to help me afford the next gun. There are a few things out there that I would really like to get, so I went through my handguns tonight to see which one could be replaced by something better. I came to the realization that I have finally gotten to the point that I can't let any of them go. I have medium to small hands and the following guns just seem to fit better than anything else that I have tried.

Browning Challenger II - perfect fit, weight, and cool factor (think it's the last steel framed .22 they made). Sucks as far as parts and accessories, but shoots like a dream.

Kel-Tec P3AT - accurate, reliable, and totally comfortable to carry concealed.

Springfield XDm9 - Home defence, and range shooting. Comfortable, ultra-reliable, high capacity, accurate, and easy to maintain.

HK 45 - Without a doubt the most comfortable fit to my hand that I have come across in a .45acp. Sooo accurate, recoil is comparable to many 9mm's, haven't had it long, but no failures with any kind of ammo yet. My hunting back-up.

So now it looks like I am just going to have to start saving up for some of those cool guns I want, because there is just no way I can part with any of these. Strangely frustrating, and satisfying at the same time.

I totally understand. I have never been good about turning over guns, even if it is ones I hardly shoot.

I would say I have only turned over about 10% maybe 15% of the guns I owned. A few were ones I hardly used but got top dollar for when I needed the money. The others were ones that after having them were not all I had hoped they would be.

About 10-15% of my collection get used a lot. On the other hand I have guns I have not shot in years and every once in a while I look in the safe and think I should sell them. Problem is once they are gone they are gone.......

$5 to $20 a week into the sock drawer. It will get you there eventually.

Personally, I have no issue trading guns, I always try to keep a few guns around that I'm willing to trade off...

For some reason, I've become that way too. I used to be all too willing to trade or sell guns off, but these days I just can't let any of them go... there's just something about each of them that makes them hard to let go. Maybe it's that I've found the "perfect" gun for each respective intended purpose.

For some reason, I've become that way too. I used to be all too willing to trade or sell guns off, but these days I just can't let any of them go... there's just something about each of them that makes them hard to let go. Maybe it's that I've found the "perfect" gun for each respective intended purpose.

I think that's where I am at. Of course, I am now finding new "purposes.":s0114:

I understand completely. Back when I had 60-70 guns lying around I had no problem finding one to part with now and again. Now that I narrowed my collection down to about 30 of what I felt where the top guns I could own I have nothing with which I feel I could bare to part. I also have trouble even finding a new gun that I want since I alsways feel I already own something better.

So I have always been teased about the fact that as soon as I get something I have always wanted I start thinking about what I want next. ...
yeah no kiddin... I've kind of switched habits, from early '90's until recently it's always been recording and musical gear. Always "needing" just one more mic or vintage thing or faster computer... meh. Guns are more fun but twice as addictive :D Yup 5 or 10 bucks goes in the stash whenever possible, and I'm gonna try for the trillionth time to kick tobacco for the new year, heck the $ saved there would buy me a keeper gun or two or three a year!

Now that I narrowed my collection down to about 30 of what I felt where the top guns I could own I have nothing with which I feel I could bare to part. I also have trouble even finding a new gun that I want since I alsways feel I already own something better.

Not that I ever had 60-70 guns, nor do I retain 30, but I did "thin the herd" quite a bit earlier this year when I was drumming up money to spend on a long time car project. There may be one or two I have that keeping them is optional, but I haven't shot them yet and that could change!
I love going to the gun shops and shows, but there usually isn't anything that makes me drool anymore. Especially when I think that I may have to part one of the guns I already have.

The H&K in .45ACP was the last gun I'd ordered before the ban. It was due for delivery a month after the ban came in. Luckily I got my deposit back... :=(

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

I think I have the same problem...Looking at my collection I dont think there is any that I have that I can live without...I think my problem is getting worse though, Im starting to think I need SBR's and suppressors for each caliber

I think I have the same problem...Looking at my collection I dont think there is any that I have that I can live without...I think my problem is getting worse though, Im starting to think I need SBR's and suppressors for each caliber

That is a problem. I started with one silencer thinking that 2 or 3 would be enough to cover what I really wanted. Well it is not, I am up to 6 and have another planned soon. Of course if money was no problem I would have more.

If I could do SBS/SBR in WA the ATF would be into me for at least $2000 more. If we could have FA I would be really poor.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top