Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cant close the bolt on 10/22 take down

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Mike Johnson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson Oregon Member 2016 Volunteer

I just bought a new ruger 10/22 take down, and I cant get the bolt to close, wtf, its driving my nuts

2. Camelfilter

Camelfilter Salem Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Your weapon is unloaded, yes? If not, unload it.

Now:

Push the little bolt lock button. It sets near the front of trigger guard & is a slim metal lever.

On my take down, I sometimes nead to depress it quickly several times in a row to release - I can feel when it does. The length of throw on that lever relaxes a bit.

Takes some getting used to, and I'm hoping it will ease up with more frequent use.

decklin likes this.
  3. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson Oregon Member 2016 Volunteer

I got it figured out, you just push it and let it go, I was holding it and trying to let it go , which does not work,

Velzey and Camelfilter like this.
  4. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Iv
    I love my 10/22 but I've always hated that slim little lever. Sometimes it seems it has a mind of its own.

5. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Lilhigbee and Joe13 like this.
  6. Camelfilter

Camelfilter Salem Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Joe13 likes this.
  7. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

It's easy on Marlins with the bolt hold open, why Ruger had to be difficult is beyond me.

8. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

The mod is exceptionally easy!! Just get rid of the point of the heart-shape and make it more of a concave rainbow and you're good. I'd certainly watch a video before taking that sentence as an explanation! But it is super-easy with the rounded file and a vise. Since I can do it, I must be a gunsmith, right?

Now, where...is...that...Dremel?

Camelfilter likes this.