JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I managed to get lucky and find 500rnds of 22lr today. It made the rest of my day great!:yes: It just seems wrong that finding some 22 ammo should be able to influence my mood, but it does! Yay me!:woot:

I managed to get lucky and find 500rnds of 22lr today. It made the rest of my day great!:yes: It just seems wrong that finding some 22 ammo should be able to influence my mood, but it does! Yay me!:woot:

Congrats! I know the feeling. I got lucky a couple weeks ago with CCI tactical and yesterday with bulk federal. I could have got some today but I tried to do my part this time and leave it for those willing to wait in the half mile line.

I stop by 2 Bi-Marts near me and also another shop every weekend. I actually have canceled several shoots due to the lack of available rounds. I have about 2500 in my personal stash and they stay there until they can be replaced.

Finding it IS a happy event!

For me, it also made me appreciate every shoot more; more relaxation, more focus, more attention to technique, more willing to engage the fellow-shooter next to me in conversation, more careful thinking about the resulting shot, more careful preparation for the next shot, etc..

Actually, it puts me in mind of the fun my parents had in the 1950s and 1960s without all the "fun" stuff I have today!

Good news! I'm hoping these random reports of ammo surfacing in stores will continue and become so common that the panic purchase lines will abate soon. Maybe I'm just jealous that I haven't retired yet and can't grab my thermos and go join 'em.

Same thing happened to me yesterday, walked into local gun shop and saw a 525rd box of Remington hollow point 36 grain sitting on the counter by itself with some other pistol ammo. Thought I was dreaming, havent seen that in 6 weeks or so. Picked it up, think I said "my precious" and few times in my head, then made a comment to the guy behind the counter, he stated I got lucky, they just set that up there because the guy they were holding it for didnt show up. Immediately bragged to all my fellow shooters and and my poor GF had to hear about it for the next hour. It is pretty funny having .22lr make your day! :)

After the panic, I found some "Swamp People" .22 rounds real cheap. Turns out they were just CCI Mini Mags re-marketed under that TV promo name. Great find.

I found some CCI Tactical last weekend and was happy to pay the $25 a box, until I realized it was only 320 rounds. This is my first time with the Tactical. How is it different from other 22 LR?

Cheers
Designed for 15-22 type rifles. I got a bunch of this recently too. Actual results vary.

After the panic, I found some "Swamp People" .22 rounds real cheap. Turns out they were just CCI Mini Mags re-marketed under that TV promo name. Great find.

I also found a few bricks of this recently too. I'd like to get a bunch more....

Walked into wallyworld today and noticed a bunch of guys hanging out at the ammo counter - figured I would see what came in on the truck (.22 please, .22 please, .22 please)... 30 min later they wheeled out a case of Tula .40, a case of Tula 9mm, then the better stuff came out... 3 cases of 9mm bulk pack, 3 cases of 230 gr .45 bulk pack and 3 cases of .45 hp in boxes of 50. Picked up my limit of 3 boxes and finished picking up the other stuff I was there to grab. Went back by on the way out and the crowd was gone - they still had a box of Tula 9mm, 2 boxes of .40, a bulk pack of 45 and 5 or 6 boxes of the .45 hp. - Think that is the fist time I've seen a shipment of ammo come in that wasn't wiped out in less than 20 min since January.

I am saving whatever I have should I need it for social work. Usually I use .22 for practice, but now I'm SO glad I bought my HW77K back in the early pleistocene. So far the panic doesn't seem to have impacted airgun ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top