JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Desktop with Windows Vista home Premium, and I just bought a laptop with Windows 7 on it... Now can i set up file sharing between the two? or do they have to be the same operating system? and if i can how to i set it up? id rather not have to save everything to an external drive and transfer it that way but i will if i have to i guess..

So how do I allow myself to view each computers Hard drive? I have clicked on each one and said to share, but when I go to click on it from the other computer a little thing pops up n says I do not have permission to access and to contact the Administrator for permission... Sooo how do i give my self permission to access my own files lol

You'll have to specifically share each folder you want seen between the two machines. I don't believe in sharing entire drives, especially drives with the OS on them, but you can.

I've found Win7 to be a bit touchy sharing sometimes. My personal network has all XP machines and one 7...but the 7 is the server. Because of that I actually had to create a separate account ON the 7 machine that the rest of the network logs into, but then file sharing is fine at that point.

Actually the answer is yes and no. If you have a Windows system, a Linux system and a Mac system, the Linux and Mac will easily see the Windows data, but unless you set up the Linux and Mac OS to use a Windows file system, Windows won't see their data. I have a dual boot system with XP and Ubuntu. From Ubuntu I can read anything on my Windows system, but in XP it doesn't even see the Linux system.

So how do I allow myself to view each computers Hard drive? I have clicked on each one and said to share, but when I go to click on it from the other computer a little thing pops up n says I do not have permission to access and to contact the Administrator for permission... Sooo how do i give my self permission to access my own files lol

It's possible that all of the machines don't have the same network name. Check that first.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top