JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Desktop with Windows Vista home Premium, and I just bought a laptop with Windows 7 on it... Now can i set up file sharing between the two? or do they have to be the same operating system? and if i can how to i set it up? id rather not have to save everything to an external drive and transfer it that way but i will if i have to i guess..

So how do I allow myself to view each computers Hard drive? I have clicked on each one and said to share, but when I go to click on it from the other computer a little thing pops up n says I do not have permission to access and to contact the Administrator for permission... Sooo how do i give my self permission to access my own files lol

You'll have to specifically share each folder you want seen between the two machines. I don't believe in sharing entire drives, especially drives with the OS on them, but you can.

I've found Win7 to be a bit touchy sharing sometimes. My personal network has all XP machines and one 7...but the 7 is the server. Because of that I actually had to create a separate account ON the 7 machine that the rest of the network logs into, but then file sharing is fine at that point.

Actually the answer is yes and no. If you have a Windows system, a Linux system and a Mac system, the Linux and Mac will easily see the Windows data, but unless you set up the Linux and Mac OS to use a Windows file system, Windows won't see their data. I have a dual boot system with XP and Ubuntu. From Ubuntu I can read anything on my Windows system, but in XP it doesn't even see the Linux system.

So how do I allow myself to view each computers Hard drive? I have clicked on each one and said to share, but when I go to click on it from the other computer a little thing pops up n says I do not have permission to access and to contact the Administrator for permission... Sooo how do i give my self permission to access my own files lol

It's possible that all of the machines don't have the same network name. Check that first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top